measurement help

maverick_935

When I built my deck many years ago to haul our car I used an old redneck method.  I paced back from the truck far enough to get a good picture of where the bed would be on the truck.  Then paced back the same amount from the car a took a picture of that.  Then printed both.  Cut out the car and pasted it on the truck.  Then took measurements as needed and built the bed.  If nothing else it helps to visualize what is needed.  It worked for me.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

Wrknrvr here on the forum runs a set up like you are looking for.  Hopefully he will see your post and respond here, but if not you can send him a PM and try to get in touch with him that way.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

If you look at the rear of my bed it shows the hitch in the forward position. I can leave it there to pull the 5th wheel. 

But if the jeep is loaded then the hitch needs to slide to the rear most position. At that point the centerline of the pin is 27" behind the bed. I used the original sliding hitch mechanism to make the hitch movable.

I you were to use a ET hitch to do this project I would think about making a sliding assembly for it to fit the subject you are thinking of.

It is doable ,. Just need to think it through.

Just thinking ,.   Vern

1 hour ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

There is a guy named Hewhoknowslittle that has a sliding hitch.  He has a video on several of the HDT Facebook groups.

Jim,
Are you talking about me??

The hitch in the photo is slid forward and will slide 5 feet back, or 3 feet past the rear of the truck.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

On 4/1/2019 at 11:23 PM, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Jim,
Are you talking about me??

The hitch in the photo is slid forward and will slide 5 feet back, or 3 feet past the rear of the truck.

Roger

Yup, talking about you.  Got a link to the video?

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Copy the link address, then, at the bottom of the post window "Insert Media". Use the button with "by URL".

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Archived