Comparing Roof Coatings - Flex Armor, RV-Armor, Rhino Lining

gypsydan

35 minutes ago, D&J said:

Has anyone had any experience with Crazy Seal.

Denny

Never heard of it.

Not trying to sell  a product but so far my repairs with the flex seal liquid is holding up.  Where I am parked there is a raised parking lot almost as high as my trailer behind me so I can pretty easily look down on  it. There has been several good snows that lasted for at least several days or longer and no leaks have turned up as it melted slowly.  

12 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Never heard of it.

Not trying to sell  a product but so far my repairs with the flex seal liquid is holding up.  Where I am parked there is a raised parking lot almost as high as my trailer behind me so I can pretty easily look down on  it. There has been several good snows that lasted for at least several days or longer and no leaks have turned up as it melted slowly.  

http://crazyseal.com

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

8 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

I installed Henry's tropic cool last summer. Looks great. 

A few months is not a good review for any product, I just watched a video of a trailer that was done 3 years prior to the video and I'm not impressed.

You have to be careful what you use on your roof because if it's there for the life of the roof and if it has problems it will mean a new roof.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

1 hour ago, D&J said:

A few months is not a good review for any product, I just watched a video of a trailer that was done 3 years prior to the video and I'm not impressed.

You have to be careful what you use on your roof because if it's there for the life of the roof and if it has problems it will mean a new roof.

Denny

I know that not good review due to time but all I have. lol. Only negative reviews I found on Henry's tropic cool in from poor preparations. It has to be clean and any eterbond used has to have the paste applied then the roll on. 1 gallon took care of the paste and I had a lot of eternabond on ours due to mini split upgrade. It does stick to everything and cleanup can be a chore. I would advise taping up like preparations for painting. A plus to Henry's one can put on slide outs. Also it is made for epdrm roofs

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

7 hours ago, GlennWest said:

I know that not good review due to time but all I have. lol. Only negative reviews I found on Henry's tropic cool in from poor preparations. It has to be clean and any eterbond used has to have the paste applied then the roll on. 1 gallon took care of the paste and I had a lot of eternabond on ours due to mini split upgrade. It does stick to everything and cleanup can be a chore. I would advise taping up like preparations for painting. A plus to Henry's one can put on slide outs. Also it is made for epdrm roofs

I think the is a huge factor Glenn. When I took ours in for flexarmor, the AC and all skylights came off, antenna, cargo bars etc. The drip rails came off and all other roof moulding. Then the entire surface was checked and prepared. Then the reinstallation of everything including new vent covers. It took 4 days. That would take forever trying to do yourself if even possible to do yourself.

A lot of the pricing difference is in the labor.

Dave and Lana Hasper

I have no acs on roof or skylight. I was simple with mine. But I understand where you coming from. But I did not spent thousands in it either and have just as good a job. Took me two days

Edited by GlennWest

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Yes a lot goes into the preparation. With the Crazy Seal you wash the roof and then wash it agian with their cleaner before you use their caulking where needed then go over all the caulked joints with liquid repair material before the final coating is applied. It will leave a smooth surface with a shine that's easy to clean. It can even be applied directly over bare wood if you use their tape to seal the joints. Like I said I was told it's the same material as RV Armor but you supply the labor. We will be meeting up with some friends in April that used Liquid Roof a couple of years ago and see how his looks before I make a decision. 

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

• 2 weeks later...

We researched a new roof "to death" as some might say....that's our nature.  We had hail damage and our insurance was covering the cost of a new roof.

We came "close" to going with Rhino in Yuma, AZ in 2020 but I just didn't have a warm and fuzzy.  We went with Flex Armor at DFW Roof in Denton, TX.....it was the BEST customer service and experience we have had in 20 years of caming!  We stayed at a hotel nearby, which I was petrified of as it was the start of the pandemic-but no problems at all.  DFW Roof sent daily update pics on our roof progress.  We were in and out of there in no time and on our way.

Now a year later we are extremely happy with our choice to go with Flex Armor and DFW Roof.  They work quickly and efficiently.  We also had them install two new fans that we love.  We opted to not replace the skylight over the shower, but to just Flex Armor over it, which was a great decision.

Our new roof is so much quieter than the original roof, it also keeps the RV warmer and cooler.  It has a lifetime warranty and it remains in great shape one year after original install.

Finding a reputible dealer for installation of any major improvement is a big factor that needs to be considered.  Finally we are full timers!

Susan

2017 Heartland Cyclone 3611 JS

20 hours ago, hogladyrider said:

We researched a new roof "to death" as some might say....that's our nature.  We had hail damage and our insurance was covering the cost of a new roof.

We came "close" to going with Rhino in Yuma, AZ in 2020 but I just didn't have a warm and fuzzy.  We went with Flex Armor at DFW Roof in Denton, TX.....it was the BEST customer service and experience we have had in 20 years of caming!  We stayed at a hotel nearby, which I was petrified of as it was the start of the pandemic-but no problems at all.  DFW Roof sent daily update pics on our roof progress.  We were in and out of there in no time and on our way.

Now a year later we are extremely happy with our choice to go with Flex Armor and DFW Roof.  They work quickly and efficiently.  We also had them install two new fans that we love.  We opted to not replace the skylight over the shower, but to just Flex Armor over it, which was a great decision.

Our new roof is so much quieter than the original roof, it also keeps the RV warmer and cooler.  It has a lifetime warranty and it remains in great shape one year after original install.

Finding a reputible dealer for installation of any major improvement is a big factor that needs to be considered.  Finally we are full timers!

Susan

2017 Heartland Cyclone 3611 JS

I agree with all of your comments.  My Flex Armor roof was installed in January 2016 and it still looks just like it did 5 years ago.  During a major storm at my home base this past October a 6 inch diameter tree limb from a close by 150 year old oak tree fell from 45' or so.  It was a glancing blow right to the corner of my roof and the only damage was an area of bark residue from the limb which wiped off with a damp cloth.  No damage, no dents, no tear and best of all no leaks or caulking to worry about.  Mine was installed in Madison, AL.

Ed

KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, RV Flex Armor Roof

• 7 months later...

There is no sense in getting your RV a roof coating that requires constant maintenance. You want something that ensures periodic maintenance only. Luckily, the Dicor EPDM rubber roof coating is so durable and high-quality that you can forget about it for months right after applying it.

Edited by johnpeters

After quite a bit of research I went with RV Roof Magic (associated with Liquid Roof).  Wonderful product for a DIY type like me.

https://www.rvroofmagic.com/index.php

https://www.epdmcoatings.com/liquid-roof.php

Later,

J

2012 Landmark, San Antonio

2013 Silverado CC, 3500HD, Duramax, DRW, 4x4

Backup, side and hitch cameras, Tireminder TPMS

7 hours ago, KodiakJack said:

After quite a bit of research I went with RV Roof Magic (associated with Liquid Roof).  Wonderful product for a DIY type like me.

https://www.rvroofmagic.com/index.php

https://www.epdmcoatings.com/liquid-roof.php

Later,

J

I used RV Roof Magic this summer and I'm very satisfied with the product, I'll know next spring when we get home from AZ how well it cleans up.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175