Snow causes problems near Flagstaff

Barbaraok

Any road north of Phoenix has been a gong show for the last 3 days. Arizona 511, and Arizona Department of Public Safety. Know before you go.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I am in Surprise AZ a suburb of Phoenix and can see snow on the mountains all around me. It was hailing in downtown Phoenix yesterday. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

We moved from Lost Dutchman to Catalina State Park about 13 days ago. The day we were hooking up the Toad to head out of Lost Dutchman, it was 22 degrees:)! Mentioned this to our new neighbor at Catalina, and they said it had only been down to 36 that AM. Well next day, at Catalina - down to 22 degrees again... My neighbor suggested perhaps I should go back to Lost Dutchman:)! And the of course, a few days later we had 7" in the small Catalina range, and the Friday before Presidents day weekend, the wash flooded. No one could leave, or come into, the park. Ranger told us 65 sites were exiting, and 65 sites were coming in - mostly with the three day weekend crowds from Phoenix and Flagstaff areas... He said it looked like a wagon train and descended in the shopping mall across from the park, as people waited for the flooding to stop. They Ranger's got the road open around 4:00PM on Sunday. Mass exodus out, even that late in the day. And, they were not planning to let other's into the park, until Monday AM. But once the Wagon Train gang saw that people were leaving the park, they lined up at the gate and persuaded the Ranger's to let them in... Not 65 sites worth, as many had gone home, or elsewhere - but I'd SWAG 25 or so new camper's joined us:)!

Flash forward to last just this Thursday, and we snuck out of Catalina early in the AM, to get ahead of the winds and rain and snow heading to the region... Nice brisk, wet, drive to Yuma!!! We chuckled in the park, as we talked to our new neighbors - they were not pleased it had been 41 that Thursday AM in Yuma:)! 

One thing for sure. It shows it's always smart to have weather alerts on your phones, and to check extended forecasts out a few days towards your expected travel time and locations... Better to hunker down when able, then to risk fowl weather:)~!

Best to all, have fun, be safe,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

I saw on the Phoenix tv news that ther is 41 inches of snow in Flagstaff. A record going back to 1919. Forecast is 70s by midweek in Phoenix. Yahhhhh

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Hearing temps like that in Arizona makes it easier for me to deal with all the traffic in SW Florida this time of year.  We are going down several degrees today but it will still be bearable.....high of 80.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

2 hours ago, FL-JOE said:

Hearing temps like that in Arizona makes it easier for me to deal with all the traffic in SW Florida this time of year.  We are going down several degrees today but it will still be bearable.....high of 80.

Ha . Don't think you'll have your turn ? ;)

Goes around , comes around .

Archived