Planning For an RV trip with my furry baby

jessica thomas

Hi! I'm a new member, My husband and I just purchased our Travel trailers yesterday!! Neither one of us has ever been on an RV trip before. Suggest me some RV parks in Arizona and what are the features available there. We will be traveling with dogs and would love to find some great pet-friendly places to go. In case of an emergency, where can I find a veterinary or is there any app available to find such places and I don't want to make my dog feel inconvenient? And Opinions On Interior Cellular Temperature Monitors For Pets.

Welcome to the Escapee forums and also to the RV community! We are happy to have you with us and will do all that we can to help so feel free to post to any of our forums in existing threads or to start a new subject. If you have a specific question it is usually best to start a new thread with it. 

A major share of those traveling by RV have one or more pets with them so you should have no problems at all in locating parks to stay in. While some parks do have a small extra fee for pets, parks that do not allow dogs at all are very rare. A good way to find quality RV parks is by using the site RV Park Reviews to check out what is available in towns you plan to visit. As to what sort of amenities you will find in parks, I suggest you tell us a little bit about what you want as many of us spend time in AZ parks and can probably make suggestions. How long would you be planning to stay in each park also?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

As someone who has always traveled with larger dogs, if you have larger ones, you may well run into limitations especially in retirement/snowbird locations (think 20 lbs with a limit of 2, etc.), so how many dogs and the sizes will definitely be in play with some of the parks. There can also be breed restrictions.   Also, when saying "dog-friendly" it would be helpful to know exactly what one's definition is of that.   I would avoid southern AZ in the summer as the desert is very hot, and when the AC goes off in an RV, temps rise very quickly.  We lived in southern AZ for 6 years, but I still remember the experience well.  

Cathy

15 hours ago, jessica thomas said:

In case of an emergency, where can I find a veterinary or is there any app available to find such places

Welcome to the Escapees Forum!!! Here is a link to a topic that discussed locating Veterinary services while on the road.

The one that dies with the most toys is still dead!

Hi Jessica,
I have a solution for your pet care question. I'm using a product called rvpetsafety for the last 8 months. Sometimes I have to leave my pet in my RV for a long time, because of that I searched for so many devices for my dog. Finally, I found this rvpetsafety device. This device can monitor real-time temperature with and sends alert to your mobile/email using cellular connection. It takes care of my pet when I'm not in my RV. I'm enjoying the features of this device totally. I suggest you try this device https://rvpetsafety.com
You can use this coupon code and get discount  ' romar10 ' 

On 2/22/2019 at 3:01 AM, SnowGypsy said:

As someone who has always traveled with larger dogs, if you have larger ones, you may well run into limitations especially in retirement/snowbird locations (think 20 lbs with a limit of 2, etc.), so how many dogs and the sizes will definitely be in play with some of the parks. There can also be breed restrictions.   Also, when saying "dog-friendly" it would be helpful to know exactly what one's definition is of that.   I would avoid southern AZ in the summer as the desert is very hot, and when the AC goes off in an RV, temps rise very quickly.  We lived in southern AZ for 6 years, but I still remember the experience well.  

Thank you! You are saying that southern AZ was very hot, Then suggest me some good parks in AZ and I have 2 dogs. will the park allow pets? and what are the amenities?

58 minutes ago, James Robert said:

Hi Jessica,
I have a solution for your pet care question. I'm using a product called rvpetsafety for the last 8 months. Sometimes I have to leave my pet in my RV for a long time, because of that I searched for so many devices for my dog. Finally, I found this rvpetsafety device. This device can monitor real-time temperature with and sends alert to your mobile/email using cellular connection. It takes care of my pet when I'm not in my RV. I'm enjoying the features of this device totally. I suggest you try this device https://rvpetsafety.com
You can use this coupon code and get discount  ' romar10 ' 

Hello James, Thank you so much for your suggestion. The link you gave was so helpful, I wonder about the features of the product. I think every pet owners must have this. Now I can monitor my doggos temperature and I will get alert when they are in danger. And thanks for the discount code James, I'm gonna buy it for sure.

On 2/21/2019 at 2:51 PM, Jessica Thomas said:

Hi! I'm a new member, My husband and I just purchased our Travel trailers yesterday!! Neither one of us has ever been on an RV trip before. Suggest me some RV parks in Arizona and what are the features available there. We will be traveling with dogs and would love to find some great pet-friendly places to go. In case of an emergency, where can I find a veterinary or is there any app available to find such places and I don't want to make my dog feel inconvenient? And Opinions On Interior Cellular Temperature Monitors For Pets.

Hello Jessica, there are many RV parks and dog parks in Arizona like Desert Garden RV park, Desert tail RV Park, Tombstone RV Park & Campground, Ivan's Spot Dog Park, Butterfield RV Resort, Sixth Avenue Dog Park and so much of Dog & RV parks are in Arizona but these Parks are very famous and you can entertain with your dogs there. As James says that about RVPetSafety it's very functional, it's really worthwhile travelling in an RV, The device can monitor the temperature level and It will give an alert, really its very useful to monitor our pets and I purchased with "semar10" COUPON CODE  before 3 months its running very well and it took some burden of mine. Try about it.

15 hours ago, Seon Doanae said:

Hello Jessica, there are many RV parks and dog parks in Arizona like Desert Garden RV park, Desert tail RV Park, Tombstone RV Park & Campground, Ivan's Spot Dog Park, Butterfield RV Resort, Sixth Avenue Dog Park and so much of Dog & RV parks are in Arizona but these Parks are very famous and you can entertain with your dogs there. As James says that about RVPetSafety it's very functional, it's really worthwhile travelling in an RV, The device can monitor the temperature level and It will give an alert, really its very useful to monitor our pets and I purchased with "semar10" COUPON CODE  before 3 months its running very well and it took some burden of mine. Try about it.

Thank you, Seon! It is very helpful for me and also more people suggesting me the rvpetsafety monitor https://rvpetsafety.com/ really I love the features, thank you for your response.

Archived