I have water intrusion   

7 members have voted

1. 1. I have water intrusion

• In the bedroom slide
    • In the vanity slide
    • In the kitchen slide
    • In the dining room slide
    • Some other and I will post it up

This poll is for 2012 and up DRV Mobile Suites, Elite Suites, Fullhouse, Tradition, Estate and Air models ONLY.  
If you have or had water intrusion that caused rot this poll is for you. You can vote for more then one choice also.
If you answer yes to any of the poll, please then reply with your year, model and last 4 of your vin. 
Also post if it is currently rotting or if you have had it repaired already. 
If you have had it repaired, please post the date of the repair, what was repaired, and the amount of the repair if you wish to disclose this.
We know this is an issue, but we are trying to grasp on how large of an issue.
If you have not had any rot be glad and please DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. As we want to keep anything posted relevant and not full of chatter.
Thanks for your participation and respecting of what we are asking.

This thread was started for Walker from this thread,  http://www.rvnetwork.com/topic/134972-drv-5th-wheel-water-intrusion/

If you have voted in the DRV section on the Thor forum there is no need to take the pole again.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Where is the choice for I own a DRV but have not had any water intrusion issues?

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Thanks for posting this.  Many years ago, I joined various forms under various names.  On the Thor forms, I'm "Walker" because I walk/survey natural gas lines.

Since November when I found a rotten slide floor on our 2017 Memphis and DRV thumbed their nose at me, I have been in contact with other DRV owners with the same issues.  So this is the search to see how many folks have had issues.  

I'm not forum savvy to post polls etc, so I do thank Rynosback for putting this up.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

6 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Where is the choice for I own a DRV but have not had any water intrusion issues?

Doesn’t your rig stay in a nice garage?  I thought you showed everyone the nice pictures of it a while back. So how many days or nights has your rig actually been exposed to a heavy pouring rain since you got your DRV?  I’m guessing  most folks that are having an issue either are full time in the outdoor elements or folks that store their rig in that same outdoors. Apples to apples?

4 minutes ago, DesertMiner said:

Doesn’t your rig stay in a nice garage?  I thought you showed everyone the nice pictures of it a while back. So how many days or nights has you rig actually been exposed to a heavy pouring rain since you got your DRV?  I’m guessing  most folks that are having an issue either are full time in the outdoor elements or folks that store their rig in that same outdoors. Apples to apples?

Chad can reply later, but after seeing some of his caulking issues around the back cap, I would be surprised if there wasn't an issue somewhere.  Hopefully, he has recaulked the entire rig by now.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

My rig has had some caulking issues but I have not had any water intrusion issues (and hopefully that continues).  I use my rig in all conditions on a regular basis.  I am lucky to store it indoors when it isn't in use, but it spends a lot of time in the rain in the winter up here in northern CA.  It rained about 4 inches in three days the last time I had it out a few weeks ago.

My comment was about the poll itself.  To be a truly representative poll, it needs to account for rigs that haven't had water intrusion as well as those that have and have a way to track who responded and what their response was.  If you are just trying to find rigs that have had water intrusion then the poll on a forum is not how I would do it.  The way Jim is doing it by asking people with the issue to PM him on multiple forums will get actual people who have had the issue to talk to rather than random responses in a poll that may or may not be accurate due to the fact anyone can respond with no verification.  I didn't intend to upset anyone with my response, it was just my initial reaction to the poll the way it was constructed.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

17 hours ago, rynosback said:

If you have not had any rot be glad and please DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. As we want to keep anything posted relevant and not full of chatter

I apologize for adding to the chatter.  Was not the  intention.!

3 hours ago, DesertMiner said:

Doesn’t your rig stay in a nice garage?  I thought you showed everyone the nice pictures of it a while back. So how many days or nights has your rig actually been exposed to a heavy pouring rain since you got your DRV?  I’m guessing  most folks that are having an issue either are full time in the outdoor elements or folks that store their rig in that same outdoors. Apples to apples?

Apple to Apples?  It is a simple question to me, do you have rot due to water intrusion. 

I tried to make this easy for Jim to connect to people with issues with out having to go through pages of chat.  I am sorry if this inconveniences you.  Do you own a DRV?

10 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I had it on another forum and had to start another poll as Ace and other RV owners with other makes where taking the poll.  Failing to read anything that was posted in the very first post.  Consider yourself lucky that you have not had any issues.  We can figure out  how many DRVs were built by vin numbers.  I just posted this to help Jim out.  His original post is linked in this first post.  People with issues search out forums for advise and expertise on certain things.  I am sorry that you feel left out.

“If you have not had any rot be glad and please DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD. As we want to keep anything posted relevant and not full of chatter.
Thanks for your participation and respecting of what we are asking.”

I am sorry if anyone feels that this is unreasonable.  I even posted a link to the thread that Jim started so you could go there directly.  Jim never directed me what to say or anything.  In my opinion it is easier to look at each post and collect data vs going through pages of posts weeding out the information that Jim needs. 

As they say, no good dead goes unpunished.

3 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

My rig has had some caulking issues but I have not had any water intrusion issues (and hopefully that continues).  I use my rig in all conditions on a regular basis.  I am lucky to store it indoors when it isn't in use, but it spends a lot of time in the rain in the winter up here in northern CA.  It rained about 4 inches in three days the last time I had it out a few weeks ago.

My comment was about the poll itself.  To be a truly representative poll, it needs to account for rigs that haven't had water intrusion as well as those that have and have a way to track who responded and what their response was.  If you are just trying to find rigs that have had water intrusion then the poll on a forum is not how I would do it.  The way Jim is doing it by asking people with the issue to PM him on multiple forums will get actual people who have had the issue to talk to rather than random responses in a poll that may or may not be accurate due to the fact anyone can respond with no verification.  I didn't intend to upset anyone with my response, it was just my initial reaction to the poll the way it was constructed.

The poll is public.  It records who voted on each line.  This is how I figured out on another forum that they were not DRV owners. Click on show results then click on the number of people in that selection.  It then pops up with what screen names choose that in there polling.  I did this for transparency.  My intention was to help Jim gather data and give a tool to look at the some numbers at a glance. 

41 minutes ago, rynosback said:

The poll is public.  It records who voted on each line.  This is how I figured out on another forum that they were not DRV owners. Click on show results then click on the number of people in that selection.  It then pops up with what screen names choose that in there polling.  I did this for transparency.  My intention was to help Jim gather data and give a tool to look at the some numbers at a glance. 

That’s good to know.  I didn’t know the forum polls tracked that kind of information.  I am very aware of what Jim is going through and I am glad you are helping him out.  If I was in his situation I would probably be doing the same thing as him.  Sorry to clutter up this thread.

event.png    

Archived