Victron inverter 240v

GlennWest

Well, that facebook bunch has got me questioning using Victrons. I asked about whether we needed a monitor as all programming done with computer and phone apps also. Definitely so they say. Mention needing to change settings, turning on and off. Leads me to think they lot of trouble. Commuting with Steve Dixion on his Magnum system and he States basically set it and forget it. His works trouble free. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Victron solar controllers, battery monitor, and inverter/charger work great in my coach  12 volt battery, 120 volt ac system. But for my house 240 volt system, magnum and Midnite solar work better.

Edited by jcussen

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

Well I like their controllers and battery monitor. The inverter gives me pause. Not that they don't work but it seems like a part time job to keep them right. That is what they were describing while bragging about them. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Not sure what you mean "keep them right".  For lithium, you must use Victron Connect to initially set up values, but once set, I have not needed to adjust anything since I set it up two years ago. This is a 12 volt battery bank and a 120 volt 3000 watt inverter.  Don't know about running a 240 volt Victron system, which is why I use a Magnum on my 48 volt battery and 240  ac volt  system at the house, it is also a set it and forget it system.

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

1 hour ago, jcussen said:

Not sure what you mean "keep them right".  For lithium, you must use Victron Connect to initially set up values, but once set, I have not needed to adjust anything since I set it up two years ago. This is a 12 volt battery bank and a 120 volt 3000 watt inverter.  Don't know about running a 240 volt Victron system, which is why I use a Magnum on my 48 volt battery and 240  ac volt  system at the house, it is also a set it and forget it system.

Thank you. Your post is way different from theirs. 

17 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Thank you. Your post is way different from theirs. 

Glenn, been following your posts on the facebook forums too. I think it is simply a communication thing. You have a monitor with apps and web interface. Saying "don't want to mess with a monitor" I think came across as not having any monitor in place, which is not true. There always needs to be a monitor and you would have a monitor. Just my two cents.

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

17 minutes ago, lockmup68 said:

Glenn, been following your posts on the facebook forums too. I think it is simply a communication thing. You have a monitor with apps and web interface. Saying "don't want to mess with a monitor" I think came across as not having any monitor in place, which is not true. There always needs to be a monitor and you would have a monitor. Just my two cents.

I was under the impression that set up was done with a laptop. Now I understnd a battery monitor