Roadside Assistance

Friz

Good Sam's is offering Roadside assistance for $79.99 for 39 hours more. Usually leary of this sales tactic so I thought I would ask here. Is that a good deal? What Roadside Assistance do you use and how much? Obviously I need/want it. Have been out of RVing for 12 years. We will be on the road in a couple of months.

Good day, Fritz.

Did you mean to state "for 39 months more"?  I personally am not a fan of what was in many years past, a very good organization, so anything that Good Sam's offers today is suspect.

An alternative of which we have taken advantage is the roadside assistance offered by Escapees.  Reasonably priced, and appears to be of good value (although we have yet to use it). 

https://www.escapees.com/benefits/escapees-roadside-assistance/

Regards,

Michael

2007 Volvo VNL 670

2007 NuWa HitchHiker Champagne

When something seems too good to be true, it probably isn't true. In this case, sometimes the cheapest is not the most for your money. If you have not done so, let me suggest you consider joining the Escapees RV Club and get the best support system that exists. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Escapees and FMCA both use the same company for their roadside assistance. Escapees is $99 and FMCA is $69. You can purchase either anytime not just within the next 39 hours. Both are annual rates. I have RA with my insurance, Geico, and with my extended warranty so I have not had the need to purchase either of the above.  

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

4 hours ago, Twotoes said:

Escapees and FMCA both use the same company for their roadside assistance. Escapees is $99 and FMCA is $69.

In each case, you must be a club member, FMCA for $60/year and Escapees for $40/year. Of course you should also compare other benefits of either group as well. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We decided to go with the FMCA plan.  With a HDT we discovered that the insuring company requires a separate policy for the HDT and RV.  I won't depend on an insurance company road side assistance again.....we made a claim a few years back for a flat tire repair and it showed up on our insurance background check as a "no fault" claim which raised our rates.

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

Archived