Snowbird Park in Phoenix or RGV with Woodshop

SWharton

I don’t know about Phoenix but the Cocopah RV resort at Yuma has a fantastic fully equipped wood shop. Visitors can use it for a small donation to cover the cost of sharpening bandsaw blades etc. It is a great friendly resort with lots of things going on and the prices are very reasonable. 

Richard

Richard & Hazel.

Full Timers

SKP#112578

Allegro Bus.

Honda CRV.

I am at Sunflower RV Resort in Surprise a suburb of Phoenix and there is a wood shop there. I dont think that there are any available sites however until April???

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Do these woodshops have lathes?  I've been wanting to learn to use one, it's about the only thing I don't have in my shop.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Carefree Manor Trailer Resort in Apache Junction, a suburb of Phoenix,  has a wood shop. I used a table saw briefly to cut some trim when I installed a new fridge while I was there.  I didn't look around much or notice if they had a lathe. My guess would be no.  HDT'r Daryl of "Daryl and Rita", who are active on this site, spend their winters there and he could tell you much more about the shop. 

We are at Voyager in Tucson, so if you need more info on their woodshop, I should be able to get it for you.  

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

9 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

Do these woodshops have lathes?  I've been wanting to learn to use one, it's about the only thing I don't have in my shop.

The one in Tucson I mentioned I think has 9 lathes and even has classes you can take.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

8 hours ago, Jim Gell said:

Carefree Manor Trailer Resort in Apache Junction, a suburb of Phoenix,  has a wood shop. I used a table saw briefly to cut some trim when I installed a new fridge while I was there.  I didn't look around much or notice if they had a lathe. My guess would be no.  HDT'r Daryl of "Daryl and Rita", who are active on this site, spend their winters there and he could tell you much more about the shop. 

We are at Voyager in Tucson, so if you need more info on their woodshop, I should be able to get it for you.  

They do have them.  When you walk into the shop.  Go to the room to the left.  It is full of lathes.

Their site shows a 50% discount for travel club members.  What travel club?

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

6 hours ago, NDBirdman said:

Their site shows a 50% discount for travel club members.  What travel club?

I would call them as stated.  We stayed there through a Thousand Trails zone pass with the add on of the Trails collection.  It was $20 a night for us to stay there.

19 hours ago, 57becky said:

Paradise RV Resort in Sun City has a great woodshop with mostly heavy duty equipment.  https://rvonthego.com/arizona/paradise-rv-resort/

This hits me as funny in a way.  Not the RV park, but we were once stationed at LAFB.  Everytime we went near there, usually on the trip to Las Vegas, we laughed/chuckled at all the golf carts on the road and the old pharts.  Now.... I'm one of those old pharts, would be perfect for me to end up spending time there.  Careful what ya say as a very young punk, ehh?  LOL  Thanks for the site!

Archived