Colorado here we come!

RV_

Bought our first choice, they accepted our cash offer over a higher offer contingent on a loan.. Here it is: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6386-Mohican-Dr-Colorado-Springs-CO-80915/13543818_zpid/

It's time to rack, I have a big weekend ahead and a flight home. Been at this non stop for two weeks.

Going to do the official inspection Sunday, and I found a nice low mile 2017 Subaru Impreza for Lynn I'm picking up Monday. I have to go home to groom and sell the house and property, my truck, our Scamp fifth wheel, my flaming HHR, and Lynn's 2015 Hyundai Elantra because they are all two wheel drive. We lived on the AF Academy in Colorado Springs when I taught there in 1978-1981 and had a Subaru Brat, our first of four Subarus when in Germany for seven years we had our two Subaru Station Wagons, and now one Impreza and one new Outback or Forester. Thanks for the great investment Mr. Musk! Tesla shares made this happen as it turned out to be a 14 bagger investment for us.

Now the grunt work begins. We are already half packed, but now we have to go through our tools and downsize for this smaller place. We've a great stone conversation pit, and the privacy fence is redwood and steel that looks fantastic. We are benefiting from the previous owner's artistic/architectural eye. We have great views of the front range of the Rockies and Pike's Peak out of our windows. It took us a few years to get back to great healthy weather. Been in shirtsleeves the whole last two weeks save one day. Love it.

I think real property bought well is a good parking place for funds we don't need. I figure I have 20 years until my mid 80s, and now my son won't have to travel to settle our estate when we go. And we get to visit the grand-kids as much as we like!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Hey RV,

Congrats on the new home base.  The Zillow link requires an account to view.

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

Thanks Roger!

And thanks for catching the link. It's now the public link.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Were you able to see that link?

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Yup, I can now see the zillow page.  Nice house.  It has been many years since we were in the Colorado Springs area, but remember we liked it very much.

Safe Travels...

Roger, K4RS and Toni, K1TS
Amateur Radio Operators - Motorcycle Riders (Harley Davidson Tri-Glide Ultra)

Fulltime from 2003-2016 - Now longtime RVers

On the road, living the dream...
Ford F-250 Super Duty 7.3 liter diesel and Forest River XLR Toyhauler. 

Position report via amateur radio

Nice house.  The only problem I see.... there are houses near by.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Thanks guys! I was here as I said for three years of my career at The Academy.

Randy, Rich and Roger, thanks guys! We like it too of the 50 or so I looked at.

ND, thanks but we are downsizing from our 5 acre created paradise with steel workshop, RV hookups, 3 year old very custom house, smaller metal building finished out inside and HVAC equipped, with  300 foot driveway in the country but since there is a school at the end of the street wee have great road paving (not always the case in Louisiana) and up to a GB Internet. We also have cheap utilities and a whopping $178 annual property tax! We do have our own oxidation pond which is easy maintenance and never an odor with our upkeep. If any are near Bossier city with a stix n brix I am selling mowers,  restored Ford 601 Workmaster tractor, etc. Starting as soon as I fly back, the house and all are on the chopping block. I hope since both houses are paid for I will be staying there to sell it all even our 19' Scamp fiver and 2WD Ram 2500 long bed with both the Scamp and regular fiver hitches unless the truck goes after the trailer, then the truck will just have the Reese fiver hitch.

I am in excellent health with no high BP, heart, no diabetes, no cardiopulmonary issues at all. I do have limitations on lifting and twisting to avoid back issues so will let the house and land go cheap, since acreage is scarce as hen's teeth five minutes from I-20 and away from the city crime and hustle. It would make a perfect spot for an active RVr room to lay in more gravel drive to turn any rig around without backing.

I did mean to post this here just as an idea, as if you do market reports, Colorado cities, most notably Denver and the Springs are appreciating in value yearly with many folks moving there. They are ideal for home bases if you aren't full-time and want to get out of the South and future climate changes for the worse. I did make sure my house had central AC like my son's house in Denver. My realtor mentioned that years ago AC wasn't needed before, but many folks now are adding it or avoiding homes without it. Colorado Springs is at a higher elevation than Denver. I will have to invest the proceeds of selling our other house and I may increase my Marijuana holdings once I am settled here. One thing is for sure, while we are overdue for a bear market turn, and the markets are volatile right now, there is much money to be made at the tail end of a bull market as shown by many articles. If you are depending on others to make picks it could get ugly. I intend to hold the funds to buy when the next recession hits and hold for another eight years as I did in 2008.

Your mileage, and opinions my vary. All rights reserved, three rights is left.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Congrats, Derek. You finally made it to the Springs! Again. You will love it there, but you already know that :)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Thanks Jack! And as usual, you are right. You still at the top of the pass in W.P.? I looked there too but Lynn wants shopping. I'm at a hotel near DIA until I leave Tuesday. I have trip cancellation insurance so either way OK. I did not want my son driving out in this storm coming in now. (Or me as his passenger.) Denver had a 50 car pile up near here yesterday or the day before.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Hi Lifesong! I'm sending a pm.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Inspections and renegotiation are done. We close next week.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Archived