Mold

Broncohauler

nHne4qVl.jpgHad a friend that’s a extremely good Mobil RV repair person, come out to scrap and reseal our Trailer. 

As he  dug into it we found it had been leaking on the front cap and rear cap with minor mold active. 

Thinking about calling the insurance  company (Progressive ) but really don’t want to total the trailer. 

Obviously the only way I’ll repair it is to completely remove and rebuild all damaged areas.

Have any of you had experience this?

if so what has been your experience with an insurance company will they allow you to repair it or will they just total it ?

If you like the unit, you might be wise to not get the insurance company involved.  Especially if you have a high deductible.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

23 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

If you like the unit, you might be wise to not get the insurance company involved.  Especially if you have a high deductible.

We do like it. And just upgraded axles and 17.5 Tire’s and wheels along with new batteries and new awning. 

Estimate right now for repairs is around 8K good guy pricing  to repair front and rear replacing all bad wood. 

Decide what you want out of the insurance company before you call them. If you want a large enough cheque to pay for a new trailer, expect them to write it off, and force you to replace the trailer. The issue is the cost of labour, and the possibility of deeper damage than initially expected. Mold is also a trigger word for insurance companies, due to claims far down the road. If you expect a smaller cheque, to help pay for repairs, be prepared to go alone, and pay your own way. The damage shown indicates leakage for a period of time, and will likely be denied to a lack of maintenance.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Good day, Broncohauler.

Another thought (for what it's worth...):  IF you were to go to your insurer, and they decided to total your home, would they allow you to buy it back from them?

Regards,

Michael

2007 Volvo VNL 670

2007 NuWa HitchHiker Champagne

27 minutes ago, bockofma said:

Good day, Broncohauler.

Another thought (for what it's worth...):  IF you were to go to your insurer, and they decided to total your home, would they allow you to buy it back from them?

Regards,

Michael

Your totally correct on that. 

And as a salvage I have no idea who would give me insurance ?

1 hour ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Decide what you want out of the insurance company before you call them. If you want a large enough cheque to pay for a new trailer, expect them to write it off, and force you to replace the trailer. The issue is the cost of labour, and the possibility of deeper damage than initially expected. Mold is also a trigger word for insurance companies, due to claims far down the road. If you expect a smaller cheque, to help pay for repairs, be prepared to go alone, and pay your own way. The damage shown indicates leakage for a period of time, and will likely be denied to a lack of maintenance.

I’ll never get close to what replacement cost would be. 

Something to think about?

Gary, is it possible that is was JUST an increase. My insurance went up $300 last year and I've had no claims.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Don't know what unit you have but at the cost of quality units today, one could spend a lot and come out ahead. Say this is what was behind the cap? Have mine taped with eternabond. Hoping this doesn't happen. Hard to keep everything dry in a wet climate. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Archived