VNL Turn Signal and Low Air Alarm Not Working

Sculptor

Hi all, I have had an intermittent dropout of my turn signal click noise.  In the past it will return after awhile.  I assumed it was possible to shut off the battery switch to reset it.  This time I noticed the low air alarm is gone also.

I tried searching in HDT and only found references to the turn signal not being loud enough.  I think I remember a topic about turn signal auto shutoff but didn't find that.

I found the following YOUTUBE tutorial and it looks promising.  In this video the gauge cluster is removed and a new speaker (link in description) is soldered in OVER THE OLD.  Then a quick description of how to replace the cluster.     https://youtu.be/85bCbltpp1w

Does anyone know if the skinny trim pieces just pop off?

I will post further info if I find more.

Resource Guide - Quick Turn signal Repair

Resource Guide Electrical Repairs - #1 Volvo Turn Signals

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

Kevin,

The skinny trim pieces do pop off but  be careful on the right (and maybe left) piece there is a slot and hook that the trim piece starts.  So if removing start from the right hand side of the piece and slide thin blade behind and gently pry.  Don't force anything of it will break.

RandyA had a write-up with pictures couple of years ago about accessing the display.  I will see if I can find and post for you and it shows what I'm talking about with the trim.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Kevin,

Here is the discussion and pictures that should help.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Thanks Carl,

I just gave it a look.  You just never know how those tabs interlock until you see it once.  The pics are great help!

DdIoWS3l.jpg  tcoB6QEl.jpg  I found these in my library also.  These are both ends of the long trim.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

Archived