We have arrived at Dollytrolly’s Oasis

mr. cob

Howdy All,

We arrived at around 1:PM, got turned around backed into our deluxe camp site I unhitched the truck and proccded to start working on trailer repairs.

I replaced the shakel bolt and started in on wheel bearings I finished two wheels and will do the other four tomorrow if my old bones will allow it.

Mike and Carrol are excellent hosts, Mike and I spend the afternoon swapping lies as I made a mess with the bearings, Donna and Carrol probably compared notes on the men they have to put up with, Newt wandered around doing dog stuff in short a good time is being had by all.

Now if that young feller that lives over the hill would stop by and treat us gezzers to lunch it would be wonderful.

Dave, Donna and Newt 

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

14 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy All,

We arrived at around 1:PM, got turned around backed into our deluxe camp site I unhitched the truck and proccded to start working on trailer repairs.

I replaced the shakel bolt and started in on wheel bearings I finished two wheels and will do the other four tomorrow if my old bones will allow it.

Mike and Carrol are excellent hosts, Mike and I spend the afternoon swapping lies as I made a mess with the bearings, Donna and Carrol probably compared notes on the men they have to put up with, Newt wandered around doing dog stuff in short a good time is being had by all.

Now if that young feller that lives over the hill would stop by and treat us gezzers to lunch it would be wonderful.

Dave, Donna and Newt 

Dave,

Glad you made it back down this way! How long you going to be there? I might just try to make it over Saturday, However did you read my post about a marathon????? Got some financial issues right now. Also I figured out where you hit the road and you had no clue as to where you were going, it is the new bypass around Boulder City, I did not know it was open, but as a local I love it. I no longer have to mess with that little town where traffic slows to a crawl when the lake is busy. I am sorry I did not know about it back when you were coming into town, you have to thank Trump for that one.

Hey get Mike all riled up for me, that old fart needs somebody to really P!$$ him off good at times. Also look up Vegas Flyer, he is good for a laugh too.

Later,

Cory O

Howdy Cory, 

We will be leaving from Mike and Carrol’s home around 9-10AM Saturday February 2nd and going to our campsite in Quartzsite at the Quail Run RV Park.

So it looks like we will have to get together at some other time, so that should help with your financial situation as you won’t have two old gezzers muching from.

Dave, Donna and Newt 

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave,

It sounds like you found the right place at the right time.    Rumor has it Mike was a cracker jack grease monkey in his day!

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Howdy Steve,

while I was under the trailer replacing the shackle bolt on the passenger side I noticed that the same bolt the rear bolt on the rear spring on the drivers side looked wierd.  When I took a closer look I could see that it too had failed, it was still in place but when I went to remove it it came out in two pieces I t had broken in the center.

Luckily I had bought three bolts so I replaced the one on the drivers side, I have towed this trailer about 70,000 miles so I guess I can’t really complain just something that I now know to keep an eye on.

Now that I have seen how the bolts fail I am thinking about making some sort of clamp or safety strap that would keep the broken bolt from falling out,  even if the bolt is broken if it can’t fall out it will keep the spring in place until it can be repaired.

So yes stopping at Mike’s sure has worked out well for us.

Dave, Donna and Newt 

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived