camp resorts

It depends on what you are look for. Thousand Trails is popular with people who want places to stay while traveling. You can buy those memberships used.

We bought a membership at Emerald Cove Resort across the river from Parker, Arizona, once we realized we liked that area enough to spend most of our winter there. https://www.emeraldcoveresort.com

There are lots of long term parks in Arizona and Texas where people lease lots for the season and some where people buy their lots.

And there are plenty of membership programs in most of which you can get reciprocity with other systems like Thousand Trails and RPI. We had that reciprocity with Emerald Cove (part of the Colorado River group) membership but we didn't use that part enough to make it worth paying the annual fees to keep them.

It's generally best to not buy into any system for a year or so until you discover how you actually travel.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

4 hours ago, Kirk W said:

When you are traveling, Passport America is about as good as it gets.  The zone pass from Thousand Trails might also be a good fit. 

I agree completely.  But depending on where South is, Thousand Trails May not be beneficial. Also depending on when as winter is much harder to get a spot.  As it is prime time. I  have full timed for about 3 1/2 years and just bought a Thousand Trails zone pass.  How often are you planning to stay in a campground?  If it is a week to a month, most campgrounds weekly and monthly rates would be the best way to go and they do not discount those rates.  

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

If you were going to be on the west coast, then the TT Zone pass (NW and SW) would be a great idea (especially if bought during a 2 zones for 1 price they often have going).   We use them extensively up and down the west coast, as that is what the focus of our travel has been for the past few years.   Or look into buying a used TT membership covering the whole country.   The number of membership parks is going down rapidly - - Coast 2 Coast has lost so many parks that it is almost non-existent and when our renewal comes up in a couple of years we probably won't renew.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We are long timers.Resort membership do not meet our travel needs as they tend to determine where we will go rather than where we want to go. Passport America serves us when in travel status at 50% off and longer stays depending on the Campground and time of year. We own a lot in Florida for the winter.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

2 minutes ago, richfaa said:

Resort membership do not meet our travel needs as they tend to determine where we will go rather than where we want to go. Passport America serves us when in travel status at 50% off .  We own a lot in Florida for the winter.

X2 . Mostly .

We've been about 8 years full time . Passport America is the only 'service' we use regularly . We have never been to Florida . ;) .

Goes around , comes around .

I tend to agree with Pat&Pete and Richfaa.  Many CGs honor Passport America (PA) with a good discount.  It is usually only during the week but you can usually get back you $50 annual membership (or whatever it is) in the first month of travel.  

We have only been back full timing for just over a year.  Thousand Trails would never work for us for the reasons already stated.  We did stay in a couple of their parks and look at all their information before making our final decision though.  I would certainly suggest you do the same.  It may work out that you end up joining TT and loving it, however there is a reason so many are trying to sell their memberships and it isn't all due to "moving on" or ill health.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

In regard to passport America  and I am sure may of you know this. Depending on many variables  you can stay at a PA campground  for longer stays at the PA discount. The CG would rather have a Site  rented at 50% off  than empty. we have stayed at PA campgrounds  for a week and over the weekend. It does not hurt to ask.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

41 minutes ago, richfaa said:

In regard to passport America  and I am sure may of you know this. Depending on many variables  you can stay at a PA campground  for longer stays at the PA discount. The CG would rather have a Site  rented at 50% off  than empty. we have stayed at PA campgrounds  for a week and over the weekend. It does not hurt to ask.

And sometimes a PPA park will take other discounts for non-PPA days. I even had one give me 10% on my AARP card. I just laid all my cards on the counter and asked what would give me the best deal.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

5 hours ago, sandsys said:

And sometimes a PPA park will take other discounts for non-PPA days. I even had one give me 10% on my AARP card. I just laid all my cards on the counter and asked what would give me the best deal.

Linda

Yes, I have maxed out PPA and then used my GoodSams or Escapees discount for the other.  A couple of stops ago it was cheaper to go with his weekly rate plus power vs 7 days of PPA.  PPA is the best membership by far.  Good Sams can pay off as well.  Again a lot depends on how long you travel and where.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

On 1/28/2019 at 6:36 PM, scouserl41 said:

We have recently updated our page on TT Membership based on their latest sales pitch to us.

https://banbrv.blogspot.com/2017/11/thousand-trails-good-and-bad.html

They claim the Zone Passes are going away.

BnB

Since it in now 2019 and zone passes are still here, maybe you need to revise your blog entry.  We’ve found that the sales pitches are often filled with gloom and doom to get one to act RIGHT NOW.  And I’d never take as gospel what a salesman says.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:17 AM, Barbaraok said:

it in now 2019 and zone passes are still here, maybe you need to revise your blog entry.  We’ve found that the sales pitches are often filled with gloom and doom to get one to act RIGHT NOW.  And I’d never take as gospel what a salesman says.

I doubt if the Zone Passes were scheduled to vanish at midnight on New Years Eve? It's hard to keep a blog updated by the minute! Apart from which I don't own TT so I can't tell you what and when they intend to do anything only what THEY TOLD ME>

They said the Zone Passes were going away but not when.

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

PPA is the best deal out there. It is to help parks fill spots during slow parts of the week. So that's why the weekend warriors don't see the savings. We saved over $550 last year.

You will never find me at a TT campground. 

Bill

2008 Newmar Mountain Aire model 4521
450 hp Cummins ISM
Allison 4000MH tran.
Towing a 2014 Honda CRV with a blue Ox tow bar

Home base Fort Worth Texas

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

-Mark Twain-

32 minutes ago, scouserl41 said:

Maybe her question is unanswerable? Do you grill people who call whether they are employees of the company they represent or contractors to that company?

I certainly dont.

Maybe reading the whole blog post I wrote might answer the question?

BnB

Yes, I do ask when being pressured.  We’ve had memberships since 2005.  One of the first things one learns is that most of the salespersonsdo not work for the organization, but rather for contractors that receive a commission for each sold membership.  So  I always check out any claims.  I did read the whole post.  Sorry,   I guess I must have missed  the part where you called TT directly to verify the information. 

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

21 hours ago, scouserl41 said:

Maybe her question is unanswerable? Do you grill people who call whether they are employees of the company they represent or contractors to that company?

I certainly dont.

Maybe reading the whole blog post I wrote might answer the question?

BnB

I can't speak for her, plus I don't have a dog in this fight.....but

I personally don't read very many blogs.  I usually have found them extremely boring with folks just wanting to talk about themselves.  Not sure if yours falls into this category or not because I'm not going to read it either.  Sorry, don't want to offend you just stating the facts.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

3 hours ago, FL-JOE said:

I can't speak for her, plus I don't have a dog in this fight.....but

I personally don't read very many blogs.  I usually have found them extremely boring with folks just wanting to talk about themselves.  Not sure if yours falls into this category or not because I'm not going to read it either.  Sorry, don't want to offend you just stating the facts.

Thanks for the input Joe.

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

Archived