Fed Shutdown Camping Scum-Scammers

Dollytrolley

Late December wondered down to Borrego Springs horse camp to get Dolly and Dollymama some sunny trail miles under the saddle and shake up the Dr. Pepper in the back of the Sammy on some 

bowling-ball-size-boulders in Sheep Canyon 4x4 trails........

The Vern Whitaker horse camp is pretty deluxe with very nice camp hosts from BC and over the New Year the camp was pretty full of horses and riders and all seemed very happy-campers.......this camp is a California State Camp.

Being very much retired and job-less we had no reason to break up camp and move after the New Year so we waited a couple days and had the entire camp to ourselves when we finally decided to wonder North a couple of hundred miles to another desert Federal-Horse-Camp.........

We were traveling in the Dollytrolley v2.05 Diesel Pusher MH with the Stealth-Dolly-Sammy-Hybrid-Wells-26 Ft-Wells Cargo Auto Sport-Vee-Nose-Two-Ramp-Car-Trailer-with-Horse-module-in-Vee-Nose......whew........

So......with this Stealth-RV it looks like a couple of geezers wondering down the road in a older DP MH towing a fair-size-car-trailer........very common sight in S. Kalifornia desert in the winter....

Before leaving Borrego Springs we wanted to dump two weeks of Grey and Black tanks at the other state park West of town so by the time we broke camp and dumped tanks we were a little later than we hoped since we like to arrive at horse camps in daylight if we can...

As we wondered North we were delayed by some road repairs needed to fix some recent flood damage so our progress was further delayed........after about 260 mile back road drive we arrived at the North horse camp just about dusk but only two corrals of the ten corrals had two horses so we had Eight corrals to choose from for Dolly to spend the night........

As we first sighted the camp I noted two horses, two small fifth-wheel camp trailers and ONE horse trailer in the large open camp area........we are about 64 ft long so I had to swing wide to enter the camp and then pulled up at the end of the corrals to prepare to unload Dolly from the vee-nose-ramp. 

To not disturb the two camp trailers I shut down the DP and opened the door and started walking back to the trailer when a loud voice came from behind me and it boomed....."You can NOT camp here , I have reserved this ENTIRE camp and besides you have to HAVE a horse in order to camp here".........I turned around and was confronted by a very unhappy-looking chap so.......I smiled and said....."well you are correct, in order it camp here I need to HAVE a horse and.......so meet Dolly-the-paint-horse" as I opened the curb-side-man-door and Dolly swung her head out while munching some hay from her hay-net...........the shocked look on the mans face was PRICELESS....…

Even though I obviously had a horse with me the guy just quickened his pace toward me and repeated ….”I reserved this entire camp and I am going to run my generator ALL night so you STILL can't spend the night here”……. I smiled and said ….”no problem I will just put Dolly in the corral furtherest from your horses and then I will park our RV at the far end of the camp well away from your generator, NO PROBLEM”….

The yahoo bellowed …….”Those are NOT my horses, they belong to those other folks (he gestured at the only other rig a LQ horse trailer) and you still can't stay here tonight”…….

Ok now my dim little red light started to flash bright and old habits came back in a flash…...I said to myself…...”up your situational awareness and do NOT let this joker into my bubble”

So……..this yahoo is bellowing that I can NOT camp in a …...HORSE ONLY CAMP , and he is the only camper in the camper in camp WITHOUT A HORSE……..hummmm.

So…….still smiling I reached into the left side of the trailer door and un-snapped the …….TEN-TINE- PITCHFORK and made a quick arc-swing fairly close to my body but still quick enough to hear the sweet song that air makes passing though the TEN-SHARP-TINES and in a smooth professional twist of the wrist I pivoted the pitchfork up onto my right shoulder……...the yahoo FROZE in mid stride…….Then, still smiling I said…...”perhaps we can chat in the morning, but right now I have to take this PITCHFORK over to that far corral and clean it out and then I have to unload that HORSE and then I have to feed and water that horse and its getting darker by the minute so can NOT chat anymore”…..

I circled around to the other side of the trailer and slipped a RD (repelling-device) into my back pocket and went over and cleaned the corral and unloaded Dolly and fed and watered her. As I was walking back to our RV the owner of the two horses walked over and ask if the yahoo had tried to chase us out of the camp. I replied that indeed he did. The horseman said, “ well due to the Fed Gvt shutdown only one unpaid worker is in this whole preserve and he told me that NO ONE has reserved this camp and since he has NO BACKUP he is NOT enforcing camp disputes or camp rule-benders”. The horseman added, “ the guy ran his generator so long at the RV camp a mile away that the rest of the campers forced him to move out of the camp so he came over here and has tried to bluff us horse-people that this is his camp, but we just ignored him since he has no reservations and NO HORSE”.

After setting up camp I dozed lightly in the front of the motor home and checked Dolly several times during the night.

About 09:00 the next morning Dollymama had saddled Dolly and the yahoo walked over and ask for a “$10 to share is camp fee costs…….. I pondered his request for a moment and then reached into my wallet and passed him a $10 bill and he smiled and went over to his rig hitched up his trailer and was gone in ten minutes ……..poof gone……

The horseman came over and ask what I did that made the guy leave so fast…….I smiled and said, “oh I gave him $10 and I figured he would have to leave BEFORE the only camp worker came in to empty the garbage and service the outhouses and the yahoo would fear that I would find out that he had no reservations and would want my $10 back so…….he quickly broke camp and off to scam other campers”

He laughed and smiled …….”shucks I would have give him $20 two days ago just to not hear his generator running”…..

Be careful camping during the shutdown …….some scumbag yahoos are being …….scumbags….

Smile and……. Carry a TEN-TINE-PITCHFORK…….. it might not have the sound of pumping a 12 Ga Remington scatter gun but…….it's easer to aim and it has a MUCH larger pattern at 6 feet…...and scumbags seem to give pitchforks a lot of respect……

Be careful……

Drive on…….(keep your manure fork close by…..you never know when you might encounter manure or …..scumbags)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

27 minutes ago, ARGO said:

Does that work on politicians? Oh, you already said that it does, sorry.

Dang, now I have coffee all over my iPad.........

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

11 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Rick, I learned a long time ago not to eat or drink when reading a post started by DT. There is no telling where it will lead. Better safe than sorry :)

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

On 1/22/2019 at 5:16 AM, rickeieio said:

14 hours ago, Big5er said:

Rick, I learned a long time ago not to eat or drink when reading a post started by DT. There is no telling where it will lead. Better safe than sorry :)

Ok....Ok.......kissing up to me is not getting you geezers any slack......all do is pitchfork all the praise aside.........

I thought about becoming president but ..........I would need at least a T W E N T Y - T I N E - P I T C H F O R K for that gig......

Noteven hung-out at Last Chance Peak for a few days in Dec..........He brought a Canuk-Peace-Offering of Crown Royal Apple......unmmy-so-good-4-tha-tummy..........so ya see Knott knows how to drink with class and become ......."entertained" at the same time......

After a few......C R Apples we darn near fixed most of whats wrong............( of course being O L D KW-geeks we did do a little V-truck-trash-talk)........

Drive on...........(a  CR-Apple-a-day may not keep the Dr. Pepper away.........but it sure gives you a silly smile (:>)).........)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived