Got the nvrd32.sys message

DJW

Ok so I got a Dell XP Pro installation key and all went well  until it went into booting stage and I got the nvrd32.sys message which I have tried several work arounds with no success.  I read several items about the nvrd32.sys message but have not found one the I completely understand?

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

RV

thanks for the link.  I ran the scannow function twice and it still gets hung up in the boot setup telling me that nvrd32.sys is missing.  So the SFC did not fix the problem.  I can still start the mini with XP when in the boot function it asks which operation system to use XP Home or XP Pro and when I choose the XP Pro version is when it stops and says the nvrd32.sys file is missing?  If I select the XP Home it boots right up.  I am guessing the hang up is in the XP Pro Setup function and cannot find the missing file?

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

Archived