Anyone have any experiance with Dune Sport trailers?

Wildman

I am a disabled veteran and Dune Sport is at this point the only trailer builder that I have found that makes a ADA trailer. They have a roll in shower available plus wider door frames and such.

I am a lower right leg amputee so these are important features for me. Up to this point I have not been able to find many people who have owned or looked at their trailers. So I'm trying to see if they make a quality product before dropping the cash to get one.

• 1 month later...

We have just started talking to them about doing a toy hauler. Unfortunately I cannot help yet on how well they are built. They also seem like they have only been building for a few years so it may be hard to find any info out.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Have you considered custom build. New Horizons and Space Craft. Custom build would be exspensive though. Might be worth giving them a call. Space Craft does build units with flat floors. No interior steps.  

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

10 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Have you considered custom build. New Horizons and Space Craft. Custom build would be exspensive though. Might be worth giving them a call. Space Craft does build units with flat floors. No interior steps.  

We were turned down by New Horizons and Spacecraft wanted to use a semi trailer chassis and would have been over $250k when completed. Very nice units but out of our price range. Dune Sports builds custom also but seems to be at more affordable price range. I am sending them a few floor plan options on Monday to see what they think they can build and will then work on pricing.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

On 1/13/2019 at 2:53 PM, Wildman said:

I am a disabled veteran and Dune Sport is at this point the only trailer builder that I have found that makes a ADA trailer. They have a roll in shower available plus wider door frames and such.

I am a lower right leg amputee so these are important features for me. Up to this point I have not been able to find many people who have owned or looked at their trailers. So I'm trying to see if they make a quality product before dropping the cash to get one.

Dune Sport is NOT the only one out there. If you do a Google search there are a number of manufacturers building accessible towables and probably even more that offer accessible motor homes.  

I had originally looked at Dune Sport for both myself and my son as both of us wanted toy haulers for different reasons. I visited them in person and it seemed that their production was of no lesser quality than any other unless you got up to the really high end of the spectrum. From what I observed it is probably as good as the trailer we currently own. I did not pursue them as the options I wanted put them out of my price range at the time, I may still consider them in the future.

The thing I found appealing is that they do not build a trailer until they have an order, i.e., it is not a mass produced trailer you will see with other brands like Dutchmen, Keystone, etc. If you are seriously considered them I would take the trip to see them in person and how they are made and then make an educated choice for yourself. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Archived