Insurance and Roadside Assistance

Windtalker

My wife and I will begin full time RVing in July of 2019 and we could use some advice on insurance and roadside assistance.

1. Which insurance companies offer the best coverage and pricing for full time RVers, including coverage of all the contents?

2. Comparing "apples to apples," which companies offer the best roadside service and pricing for full time RVers?

With insurance, you need to get several quotes as there is no single company that will be best coverage for the best price for all of us. Because the premium is impacted by where you domicile, your driving record, and even things like credit record, each one tends to be priced differently. I suggest you get quotes from some of these. 

Miller insurance,    AIS,       Foremost,          Explorer RV insurance

For road service coverage I have had excellent care by Coach-Net for years but now suggest that you can get similar coverage for less money by using the Escapee Road Service, recently introduced. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Like Kirk said, there are tons of different factors that will effect your quote on full timers RV insurance.

We currently are getting what we need at a good price through Good Sams (Nat. General).  In addition we utilize the Good Sams credit card at Pilot and Flying J for our fuel purchases.  Not sure if it is a combination of these things or just the fact we are insurance customers, but we receive the platinum roadside assistance free from Good Sams every year.  

This is what has worked for us so far but we are just into our second year of this full timing stint.  This coming November I will once again get quotes from several of the top companies to make sure we are not getting ripped off.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

I'm with Progressive, as they had the best rate for pretty high coverage.  Good Sam's quote was TRIPLE their price, with less coverage.  My brother had an RV claim with Progressive and had nothing but great things to say about the process and the payout amount.  I quoted with one other place and it was slightly more than Progressive, also with less total coverage.

We use progressive for all our insurance needs. Good insurance is not cheap but r we have had good experience with Progressive at a fair price that covers all our insurance  needs.

We have had i think every companies roadside assistance over the years and used most all of them with no problems. 

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Insurance can be a big muddle. You will need full timers insurance, not just attached to your auto policy. I would recommend an umbrella liability. I would recommend an umbrella liability also.

Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. An insurance broker such as FCIS or Miller will be your best bet initially. They compare different companies policies and understand the requirements of full-timers.

FCIS hooked us up with Nationwide and we have been very happy, had a price drop of $400 at renewal, sure didn't expect that. I asked them to compare with others and Nationwide was the best. I feel confident that once FCIS had our specs there was an apples to apples comparison.

Good luck.

Archived