Full-size fiberglass TT?

kb0zke

For many reasons, we're wanting to turn our Foretravel MH and towed into a pickup and TT. I can find lots of small fiberglass trailers (Casita, Egg Camper, Escape, Oliver, Scamp), but no full-size ones. Some years ago someone (Keystone?) had one that was painted grey, presumably to reinforce the idea that it was a competitor to Airstream. It didn't last very long. Is anyone currently making such a trailer?

We're full-timers, so those little ones are just too little for us.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Fiberon, maybe? That's used in composite decking. I would imagine that it would be plenty tough, but maybe a bit on the heavy side.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Depends on your definition of “full size”. We are NOT full-timers but 25’ is full size to me.  Here a link to Bigfoot makes two trailer that are 25 feet long.  There was a rear bed 25 foot one at the hunter’s camp in Montana.  He was checking out my solar setup on my 2014 Nash 17k and we were comparing trailers 4 seasons capability between my Nash and his Bigfoot.  Bigfoot is price proud of their product and rightfully so as it looks to be a very well-built trailer.

2022 F-250 4X4 LB SC Godzilla V8 /2014 Northwood Nash 17K/SKP098347

As far as I know, Bigfoot makes the biggest although Scamp has a little fifth wheel model too. In either case, they are very expensive when compared to other brands of similar size and the cost of construction is probably the reason for the size limits. As you increase the length of that type of construction it would get far more complicated due to the lack of a steel frame and complication means more cost. You have to be able to sell what you build in large enough numbers to show a profit. The closest thing to that type construction that I know of would be the aluminum trailers from Thor/Airstream and they are the most expensive travel trailers on the market today, as far as I can find. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Escape makes a 21' 5th wheel (as well as a 21' pull behind), but as Kirk and others mentioned, Bigfoot makes the largest 2 piece fiberglass trailer.  In the late 80's, Bigfoot made around a dozen 28' Silver Cloud fiberglass trailers.  They are a rare, but still sought after fiberglass "egg".  I saw one at the Quartzsite fiberglass trailer rally 2 years ago & it was/is a beautiful trailer.

The 25' models by Bigfoot are currently the largest production trailer.

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

Archived