Updating banking address issues

sheldons65

The biggest issue I've found with my Escapees address is many software programs (online or at a business) does not accommodate the #12345.  They can only put in the 12345 as an apartment number.  I've been know to just had them my drivers license that shows $12345 and tell them to figure it out.

2019 Jayco 5th Wheel 28.5RSTS  2017 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.2L

BOA has our address, has never been a problem with them.  We opened our accounts with them using the Escapees address in 2006.  We've added accounts with them over the years, never have had a problem.  We never receive snail mail from them EXCEPT for new credit cards every few years and have never had a problem.  When a card was compromised, responded to their alert and told them where we were at the time and they arranged for our cards to be waiting at a nearby branch about 3 days latter.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

14 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Am I correct that it is being done online? You may have to contact a human as the bank's computer is probably rejecting the zip code as a business address. 

I've only tried it online so far. Tried again after chatting with Escapees about some alternative ways of entering the information but no success. Have been doing a lot of business travel this week so I've not had time yet to visit personally a bank location. It's not a critical requirement at the moment and in the end I could use a relative's address in another state but it would tidy things up a bit to use my Escapees address for everything. 

Funny thing is I already have checks with my Escapees address. Should have my voter registration in the next mailing so I'll take that with me as well when I go into a bank.  

Not complaining or ranting. Just sharing experience and hopefully a positive outcome. Escapees are great and I’ll follow up with them again as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting.  As I only had issues with 401/403/Roth retirement accounts with my old mailing service.  But when I switched my mailing service to Escapees, they all took and accepted my Livingston,TX mailing address.  

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

15 hours ago, sheldons65 said:

I ended up calling the banks and got it all taken care of over the phone. It ended up not being a big deal. 

It may have been the computer rejecting the address based on the zip code. The zip for Escapee mail service is unique to the mail service and may have been read as a business address. If you look closely at the Escapee business address zip and yours, you will see that they are not the same. The office uses the Livingston zip as to all houses in that neighborhood. The mail service mail is separated from local mail in the Houston USPS sorting center and the mail room uses that same type of equipment to separate our mail by PMB number. That can cause a computer program to refuse the address believing it to be a business address and so require human intervention.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I have friends who just went full time last summer. They are not Escapees members yet so they used a private mail forwarding service in So Dakota. Within a month it went out of business and they had to switch to another mail forwarding service. Found out that the rule/law had changed in July and many institutions would not take their PMB and now require a physical address. He was not grandfathered. He had a hell of a time finding health insurance too using a So Dakota PMB. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

On 2/4/2019 at 12:46 PM, Carlos said:

What error is it giving?  I use a UPS store box for everything, license, banks, everything.  It never fails.

6635 W Happy Valley Rd Ste A104-457

Oh, maybe try "suite" instead of the number sign?

I just called the banks and everything switched over no problem. When you try to do it online sometimes with banks it gives some postal address warning and won't accept. Calling made everything worked out ok. All my investment stuff moved over as well.  I just have to change my work address next. Then everything will all be done and dusted. 

4 hours ago, Twotoes said:

I have friends who just went full time last summer. They are not Escapees members yet so they used a private mail forwarding service in So Dakota. Within a month it went out of business and they had to switch to another mail forwarding service. Found out that the rule/law had changed in July and many institutions would not take their PMB and now require a physical address. He was not grandfathered. He had a hell of a time finding health insurance too using a So Dakota PMB. 

That sucks.  The big benefit of going with Escapees is that you have two addresses that you can use.  Most people seemed to go with the service that Teri Lund referred to.  I choose to go with Escapees as it offered so much more.  Best decision by far.  Wish I did it years ago.

4 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Make that 3 choices, TX, Fl, or SD.

Yes you have three choices where you can choose to domicile. But what I mean is that they gave me two addresses for domocyling in SD.  A SD address and a TX address.  I did not get a Florida address. From what I understand Escapees bought a campground in SD and they just forward mail they get to Livingston, Tx.  They charge a $1 per piece to do so.  This is why I think Escapees who domocyle in SD get two address to use.  Vs the FL and TX locations are the actual mail  facility where you mail is stored in your assigned box.

Does anyone actually really get mail?  I mean, all statements and things like that are electronic, nearly all notices are electronic, etc...  So basically the box just needs to be there for them to send you a card or whatever, and just as a holdover from the past to some extent.  Hopefully soon everyone will catch up to tech, and maybe just ask where you want your stuff sent THIS WEEK instead of assuming you have a permanent address.  When I've needed an Amex card replacement, they ALWAYS ask me where I would like it sent, assuming that I might be traveling.

3 hours ago, Carlos said:

Does anyone actually really get mail? 

I have several things that insist on snail mail such as vehicle registration renewal notices, driver's license renewal notice, insurance renewal notices, and several other official documents that address dependent. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived