Saw a F450 puffing white smoke......

Vegas Teacher

Our Duramax, when it goes into regen of the DPF exhausts white smoke, especially when accelerating.  This is perfectly normal and if it doesn't do this occasionally, your system isn't working right.  It doesn't look right, but this is better than black smoke.

16 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

Yep I pull a 23.5 foot bumper tow with my tundra a lot😎!

And pulling this trailer with the tundra is what lead me to wanting a much bigger and better truck. Even though my tundra by its factory specksshould be able to do the job I know that it is at the limits of what is can do. I have pulled it up and over the Rockies using the 1/2 ton but that is not the best tool for the job that is why I started going a different direction.  Now it really started when we went on a 4 week vacation about 5 years ago to the Pacific northwest in the pioneer my wife decides she wants something bigger. I am thinking o.k. like 1 slide and a 26 or 27 foot bumper pull. No she wants a triple axel fuzion 423. So I go back to my schutzhund club where Vegas flyer is a member. He says have you thought about a semi instead of a dually. I asked him if he was crazy? Then I start doing the research all of us have done and decide on the semi for the reasons we all bought the semi. Now it has taken me a few years to get to this party. I saved money every month so when I bought my 780 I did not owe anybody any money. I am now saving for a fuzion. It is going to be a while, I still have my 23.5 footer but that 6500 lbs fully loaded the semi doesn't even know it is back there.

7 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

And pulling this trailer with the tundra is what lead me to wanting a much bigger and better truck. Even though my tundra by its factory specksshould be able to do the job I know that it is at the limits of what is can do. I have pulled it up and over the Rockies using the 1/2 ton but that is not the best tool for the job that is why I started going a different direction.  Now it really started when we went on a 4 week vacation about 5 years ago to the Pacific northwest in the pioneer my wife decides she wants something bigger. I am thinking o.k. like 1 slide and a 26 or 27 foot bumper pull. No she wants a triple axel fuzion 423. So I go back to my schutzhund club where Vegas flyer is a member. He says have you thought about a semi instead of a dually. I asked him if he was crazy? Then I start doing the research all of us have done and decide on the semi for the reasons we all bought the semi. Now it has taken me a few years to get to this party. I saved money every month so when I bought my 780 I did not owe anybody any money. I am now saving for a fuzion. It is going to be a while, I still have my 23.5 footer but that 6500 lbs fully loaded the semi doesn't even know it is back there.

Now c'mon, Cory.. You KNOW you're not allowed to call it a "semi" anymore.... :wacko::D Jay

Archived