2019 West Coast Rally - Now with Rally Schedule!

Chad Heiser

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, hutchman said:

Chad, we are a couple of hours away and will not be staying in the park, but might be able to come and motel for a couple of days and would love to meet some of you.  Is that workable....I'd certainly register, but just not stay at the park.

We are happy to have you for all or part of the rally.  Hopefully you can make it work.  Send me an email so I can get some information from you if you decide to come. 

chadheiser at att.net

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

One of our attendees pointed out some information that I thought I would pass on to everyone.  If you are into rodeos, there will be several in the area around the time of the rally.  Maybe you can fit one into your travel plans if you would like.

June 1st, WPRA 1000, Girls Breakaway in Star Idaho
June 6-8, Eagle Rodeo, Eagle Idaho
June 28-29, Meridian Lyons Rodeo, Meridian Idaho
June 28-29, Daniel Dopps Rodeo, Mountain Home Idaho.

Here is a complete listing of the events in the area (thanks Pat).

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

• 2 weeks later...

We pulled in this afternoon.  I didn’t have cell service or internet access for the last week.  I’m trying to get caught up on everything electronic.  We’ve already said hello to a few attendees.  Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

event.png    

Howdy All,

Donna drove from home to the Walmart in Caldwell where we met up, doing basic shopping we will be arriving at the Rally site soon.  Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Newt who has been my service dog for the last 11 years will be with us and Willy who is being trained to be Newt’s eventual replacement is also with us, Willy is learning he is still catching on so he may at times be a bit rambunctious he is a little over a year old but he is coming along very well.

Dave, Donna, Newt and Willy 

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

The rally kicked off today with some more arrivals and a very nice happy hour.  Met some new friends and reacquainted myself with some old ones.  Looking forward to the rest of the week.  Guess I should get some sleep so I can enjoy it ;).

event.png    

You all have a great time this year...Chad - great job again....sorry couldn't make it this year working on getting a deck put on to load the smart.....

Mark

2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
2020 Momentum 376THS
We're both proud USAF Retirees...

Howdy All,

Good morning everyone, does anyone at the WCR have a sewing machine?

little Willy my young service dog in training is growing and I need to adjust his vest, we sewed the extra adjustment strap length to the side of his vest, I need to cut those stitches make the strap longer and then sew the extra length of the strap to the vest again.

This would be about a two minute job if someone has a sewing machine and could help me with this I sure would appreciate it. Thanks 

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

I just wanted to thank everyone who came to the rally it was a pleasure to meet old friends and make new ones I always enjoy looking at and taking about our trucks.  Thanks Tom, for helping me add more chrome to the Peterbilt.

I especially want to thank Chad, for setting up and ramrodding this annual shindig the knowledge gained by attending is priceless well actually it’s not as I’ll now be spending more money but if I didn’t spend it on my RV or having FUN I might do something responsible with it and I am to darn old to be come responsible.

We should be rolling out the gate before 10:am Monday morning so if we didn’t get a chance to say goodbye and safe travels in person please know it is in our hearts for everyone, with luck we will see you next year.

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Our thanks also to Chad and Jen for all the planning and preparation that made this a most enjoyable rally. As newbies to WCR we certainly felt welcomed by all and we leave with the fondest memories. Safe travels to everyone. 

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Home (Colorado) a short two day drive; and now alittle cooler weather.  Year two for me at this event and it was wonderful once again, thank you Chad and Jen.  Now for laundry, cut yard , clean truck, purchase new toys for truck and work Wed.

Dennis & Sheri

Topaz / Tucson

• Volvo 670 / 2006
  • 10-Speed 
  • ATV's & Sleds
  • 2017 Host Mammoth Slide-In Camper on Deck
  • Jackalopee
  • Build article published here

4 hours ago, dan412 said:

I saw Mr.Cob at the rest stop north of smokey point yesterday.

Howdy Dan,

I always stop at that rest stop to empty the RV fluid tanks and then fill the truck fuel tanks at the truck stop on the west side of I-5 at the Arlington exit number 208 if I remember correctly that way I am ready for the next trip.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

I thought I posted this yesterday but for some reason it didn’t get through.

I wanted to thank Jim, for stopping to check on me when I was parked on the side of the road a couple of miles from the rally, I was waiting for Donna to catch up as she had to get gas for her car before heading for home.

Jim it kinda surprised me when we caught up to you Donna got hung up at the Flying J, she said it was a real zoo, I must have sat waiting for her for close to a half hour after you had stopped.  One of these days that big yeller kitty under the Hood is going to get me in trouble.

Dave

Edited by mr. cob
Cuz i cnat sqel

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

5 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Jim it kinda surprised me when we caught up to you Donna got hung up at the Flying J, she said it was a real zoo, I must have sat waiting for her for close to a half hour after you had stopped.  One of these days that big yeller kitty under the Hood is going to get me in trouble.

We're never in a hurry....cruise set at 65 and down the road we go, so you must have been picking them up and putting them down pretty good!  We did see you at the next rest area though so sometimes the turtle does get there first!!  Thanks all for the great time at the rally.

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

3 hours ago, ewacowboy said:

We're never in a hurry....cruise set at 65 and down the road we go, so you must have been picking them up and putting them down pretty good!  We did see you at the next rest area though so sometimes the turtle does get there first!!  Thanks all for the great time at the rally.

Howdy Jim,

When its just me and the dogs, we can travel for hours before having to stop, when Donna is with us we have to take regular potty breaks.  Its common for me to drive 5-700 miles a day stopping only a couple of times, when Donna is with us we stop about every 100 miles or so.  When behind the wheel I just get in a groove, crank up the toon's and watch the world slide by, passing other trucks going up the hill is just icing on the cake.  Someday I suppose I'll have to grow up, if I am lucky I won't be around that long.:D

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg