2019 West Coast Rally - Now with Rally Schedule!

Chad Heiser

This is a reminder to all of those thinking of attending the WCR in Caldwell Idaho June 10 - 17 at Ambassador RV Resort.  Spaces are beginning to fill up.  If you would like to attend, please contact the RV park and make your reservation and then contact me via email to let me know you will be attending.  I will get some additional information from you at that time.  All of the contact information for myself and the RV park are in the first post in this thread.

Also, for those of you attending who want rally T-shirts please let me know the size and quantity of shirts you would like.  I will be placing the final order in early May so there is still time, but please let me know.

I am still putting the schedule together and may have a very nice door prize for one of the presentations if things work out.  If anyone has any expertise they would like to share with the group, I am always open to new presenters also.  Please get in touch with me if you have something you would like to do.

Thanks and hopefully see you all in June.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, jenandjon said:

We decided to stay the whole 7 days after all. We are all set and looking forward to it!

Excellent.  It should be a good time for all.

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

1 hour ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Looks like at this time we are registered and good to travel, barring any family problems.

Looking forward to our first west coast rally!

Roger

Excellent.  See you in June.

event.png    

3 hours ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Looks like at this time we are registered and good to travel, barring any family problems.

Looking forward to our first west coast rally!

Roger

Looking forward to a great time.....glad you could make it happen.

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

19 hours ago, rpsinc said:

I have made my reservations and will be attending.  Coming from SE Riverside County, CA, near Jojoba Hills.

Excellent.  See you in June.

event.png    

Things are coming together nicely for the rally.  We are only four reservations shy of last years record attendance.  There are still sites available at the park, but the supply won't last forever.  If you want to come and hang out with a great group of people at a very nice park, it is time to make your plans.

I am almost done with the schedule.  I'm just waiting to hear back on a couple of things to finalize some times.  Once I have the schedule completed, I will post a link here.  I will also hand out paper schedules at the rally (as suggested last year) to help everyone keep everything straight.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

See you in June!

event.png    

Hello,
new member here. I am in the process of my conversion, and would like to know from someone that would know the min. that I would need to do to my truck (2003 VNL 660), to be able to license it in Washington State as a motorhome, so that I would not need a CDL to drive it. At this time I do have the Jackalopee wired up, and working, I have an inverter that runs my fridge, and microwave. What else must I have at min.
Thank you,
Mike

1 hour ago, MikeShatt said:

Hello,
new member here. I am in the process of my conversion, and would like to know from someone that would know the min. that I would need to do to my truck (2003 VNL 660), to be able to license it in Washington State as a motorhome, so that I would not need a CDL to drive it. At this time I do have the Jackalopee wired up, and working, I have an inverter that runs my fridge, and microwave. What else must I have at min.
Thank you,
Mike

Likely not the correct forum subject to post this under.  Find something that is closer to what you want or start a new subject and you can get more info.

My understanding is that the vehicle needs to be self-contained in order to qualify as a MH 

Marcel

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I have finalized the schedule for the 2019 WCR.  It is attached below (hopefully) in PDF format.  I will have a one page graphical representation of the schedule to hand out to everyone at the rally (per a suggestion from last year).  I tried to fit in as many of the suggestions for seminars/classes as I could.  It should be an informative and fun time. 

We will have a full day of firearms instruction and shooting.  You do not need any prior knowledge or skills to participate in this.  In fact, I encourage people who are new to firearms to participate.  This day is meant for everyone and every skill level.  For those of you who are experienced, I encourage you to bring what you want to shoot and enjoy the day.  For those of you who are novices or maybe don't own a firearm, I encourage you to participate as well.  We had a great time doing this last year and I will expand on that this year. 

I have also set up a wine tour with a local company.  We will need a minimum of 10 participants for this (hopefully - to recoup my deposit :ph34r:), but it will be limited to 25 participants total due to the size of the bus the tour company has available.  This tour will cost $49.00 per person, which will be collected at the rally.  I will be sending emails out to all the confirmed attendees and the first 25 to get back to me will be going, so check your emails if you are interested.

We have the local artist who has been at the rally the last couple of years coming back to teach the art class again.  This is a very fun class.  It is open to everyone, regardless of your artistic ability.  The artist will provide all the necessary supplies.  There is a $20.00 per person fee for this class payable to the artist to cover the supplies and the artist's time.  I will need a count on the number of people who wish to take part in this class ahead of time so the artist can have everything ready to go.  I will include this in the email I send out to get an accurate count.

I tried to also set up a day of SXS/ATV riding, but  there really wasn't very good availability of rental units in the area to allow those of you that do not have your own units to be able to participate.  There were some other logistical issues that were making this idea difficult to implement (like how to get the units to the trails for those of you who use toy haulers to haul them).  If you happen to bring your unit with you and want to go out and ride on the wine tour day, that could work.  The day will be a free day for anyone not going on the wine tour.

There is going to be a very nice give away for a lucky rally participant due to the generosity of one of our presenters.  I won't spoil the surprise here, but one randomly chosen attendee is going to be the envy of everyone else.

If you have any questions about the rally, please let me know.  If you have not signed up for the rally, we still have room and I hope you can make it.  For those of you who have confirmed your attendance with me, look for my email and respond with your answers to my questions about the wine tour and the art project.

See you in June.

2019 HDT West Coast Rally Schedule.pdf

event.png    

6 hours ago, COCORV said:

Hi Chad - Booked our reservation this morning.  See you in June,  Al & Joan

Al and Joan

1999 VNL610 w/DD S60 and Eaton Super 10

2005 28’ New Horizons

Good to hear.  I just sent you an email with a couple of questions for you to answer.  See you in June.

event.png    

The wine tour is filling up, but there are still seats available.  For those of you who have confirmed attendance at the rally, you should have an email from me asking about your desire to go on the wine tour and participate in the art project.  Please respond to the email with your answers.  If you did not receive an email from me, let me know and I will send it again.

event.png    

Here is the itinerary for the wine tour for those who are interested:

Hello!! We are SO very excited that you have chosen us here at All Aboard Fun Bus to host your wine tasting event.   We will plan on picking you and your guests up at your location around 11 a.m. and returning to the same location around 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m..

Our first stop on this trip will be Huston Vineyards, they have a wonderful variety of earthy toned wines, both reds and whites.

Second stop will be Williamson Tasting Room.  They have fabulous rich red wines, some sweets and some drys.  A little bit of something for most everyone.  They also have a cooler full of munchies to sale, local cheeses, meat sticks and other fun items such as Idaho Soaps, jelly & jams and more.

Third on our trip will be Fujishin Family Cellars tasting room.  Fujishin won 2018 winery awards for their bold and delicious wines!  They have two labels, Old Sheds and their Fujishin labels, a great variety for all to choose from. 

Last but not least, the beautiful and historic Ste. Chapelle.  They have bubbly wines, sweet wines, a fabulous assortment of reds and more!  We will spend a bit more time  here as they have a great appetizer menu for our guests that would like to order from meat & cheese platters, spinach/artichoke dip, cheese & pretzels & more!  It's a great time to get some yummy and get ready for the ride home.  

We do allow food, drinks and snacks on the bus!  If you purchase wine, bring beverages, etc., you can enjoy them during the rides between wineries.  The wineries will not allow alcohol drinks from any other sources but their tasting rooms, it’s a liquor license issue.  BUT, you can enjoy on the bus as much as you’d like.

This should be a wonderful time for all!

event.png    

12 minutes ago, tyates007 said:

Chad you have done a great job putting this together. Looks like it will be a lot of fun. 

Thanks.  I appreciate it.  Too bad you guys can’t make it this year.

event.png    

6 hours ago, micycle1 said:

Hi Chad,

Just registered for the rally. See you then. please order 1 xl tee shirt for me.

Mike Aber

Excellent.  I will have the shirt for you.

event.png    

I will be putting in the T-shirt order on Monday May 6.  If anyone who has not contacted me about T-shirts would like one, let me know before the 6th.

See you in June.

event.png    

Well alright. We shall see you all there as well. Looking forward optimistically.

We we are down from Alaska, and looking forward to enjoying some of the experiences the lower 48 has to offer. 

Ian, we’ve got you covered brother!  

44 minutes ago, Brian C said:

Well alright. We shall see you all there as well. Looking forward optimistically.

We we are down from Alaska, and looking forward to enjoying some of the experiences the lower 48 has to offer. 

Ian, we’ve got you covered brother!  

Excellent.  Glad to have you.

event.png    

Just about a month away.  It will be here before you know it.  Looks like we are going to have a good mix of new faces and old friends.  The T-shirt order is in.  Hopefully everyone who wanted one got there information to me.  

There is still one seat left on the Wine Tour bus if anyone is interested.

The RV Park still has sites available for those procrastinators out there.  😉  We’d be happy to have you.

See you in June.

event.png