Multi Year Escapees Membership Renewal?

I'm looking on the website at membership renewal options.  All I see is a 1 year renewal plus a lifetime membership option.  I don't think I'd be able to use the lifetime option long enough to make it worth while, but I'd sure like to do a 3 or 4 year renewal at a discount.  Does anyone know if it is available or if it becomes available on any sort of recurring schedule?  Thanks.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

There is no multiyear membership anymore, when I didn't renew our membership this year they sent a survey and I told them that without that option I was not renewing because for the very little use we get out of it it was not worth the cost. IMO Escapees is going one way and we are staying on our path and it's not the in same direction. 

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

Yes I have used it and this May my five year renewal will end and if I call I can renew of another five years. The magazine alone is worth way more then the cost of the dues. When I stay in Texas, Al or FL at about $21 plus per night it makes it a great value. You get to socialize with fellow Escapees when you find them. Escapees is a great value!

On 1/1/2019 at 8:28 AM, D&J said:

There is no multiyear membership anymore, when I didn't renew our membership this year they sent a survey and I told them that without that option I was not renewing because for the very little use we get out of it it was not worth the cost. IMO Escapees is going one way and we are staying on our path and it's not the in same direction. 

Denny

Isn’t being able to use this forum one of the benefits?

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

43 minutes ago, Barbaraok said:

Isn’t being able to use this forum one of the benefits?

It's a benefit for anyone that happens to click on the URL in a search . Doesn't cost a penny other than what is paid for internet service .

Goes around , comes around .

I've not posted in a long long time. Being a life member for me was worth the cost. I've been a Chapter 6 member for some time and now able to participate in our rally's. I've been to two Escapades and wow were they fun. My real good (best) friend who had been our vice president nominated me to take over his VP position at our Escanaba Mi. fall rally . Mark Bronson passed away in October 2018 and had been our VP for two years and took over the Presidents position for the last day of our Escanaba, Mi. Rally and then due to his health had to resign.  Being an Escapee may not be for everyone but it is what you want to get out of it. If you enjoy to socialize then you can reap the rewards. I dedicate this posting (response) to Mark Bronson. RIP Buffy ! Bill .

06 GMC 2500HD extended cab, long bed, Duramax.
07 HR Alumascape Suite 5er
Doberman, Jazz, RIP

new K9 Rufus (Roof)
SemperFi

5 hours ago, James Hendrix said:

It is still available as an option when you call in.  Just call 936-327-8873 and one of the operators can help you out.

James Hendrix,

The OP had mentioned a multi year discount. If we call in and renew for multiple years is there a discount or is it at the one year rate?

16 hours ago, DonCoyote said:

James Hendrix,

The OP had mentioned a multi year discount. If we call in and renew for multiple years is there a discount or is it at the one year rate?

I was never offered any deal just the yearly rate for as many years that I wanted, we decided 0 was a good number for now. We are still travelers and the options like discount parks, trip planning on mobile devices have gone on the back burner it seems and we haven't used a park in years so it was time to step back and go with other options. I'm not going to beg for a discount to something that no longer is of any use to us.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

23 hours ago, DonCoyote said:

There has never been a multi-year discount. It has always been the philosophy of the management that all of us should pay the same rate. Even a life membership is designed to generate as nearly the same cost per year as an annual membership. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

16 hours ago, Kirk W said:

There has never been a multi-year discount. It has always been the philosophy of the management that all of us should pay the same rate. Even a life membership is designed to generate as nearly the same cost per year as an annual membership. 

I always renewed for up to 5 years with a disconnect until last year when our last renewal expired and it wasn't offered, we just renewed for one year then and declined this year.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

7 hours ago, rm.w/aview said:

To add to the list of the benefits of membership, for us anyway... When doing research among the established Mail Service companies, the Escapees Mail Service, which has membership as a requirement so the annual dues must be added to the equation, was the least expensive. 

It was a tad cheaper then other mail service company’s. But the bonus is all the perks you get with the membership.  I just switched from Teri Lund’s service because she closed her doors quickly.  I choose to go the Escapee route.  Matter a fact, I am at “The Ranch” right now.  

Plus there SD location does not have the wheel tax, which is another savings.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

On 1/3/2019 at 3:06 PM, Kirk W said:

I guess I beat the system, then.  I joined Escapees in 1994, the following year they offered the first round of Lifetime Memberships for $600 and I bought one.  At the time Escapees membership was $60 a year, and I figured since I was only 41 I'd likely be around for another decade to reach the break-even point.  24 years later that yearly cost works out as $25 a year and continues dropping.  😊

At the time, Lifetime Memberships were limited to the number needed to reach the stated purpose of the offering. Since it was becoming impractical to continue building new parks from scratch, Escapees proposed expanding the park system by using the money to purchase existing RV parks.  Timber Creek in Branson, Racoon Valley in Tennessee and Tra-Park in Pecos, Tx were the results.  It's interesting that Tra-Park is no longer listed as a Rainbow Park but still has it's own web page.

12 minutes ago, Lou Schneider said:

It's interesting that Tra-Park is no longer listed as a Rainbow Park but still has it's own web page.

Travis responded to questions about that on the forum quite some time back. I can't find the thread so will try to remember how he put it. Basically, that park is a major revenue source that they can't turn down but is not really up to standards of the Rainbow parks so has been removed from the listings as a Rainbow park but I believe that they do still five an Escapee discount. If you want an accurate version, ask Travis when we get to Escapade. 😊

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 minute ago, Kirk W said:

Travis responded to questions about that on the forum quite some time back. I can't find the thread so will try to remember how he put it. Basically, that park is a major revenue source that they can't turn down but is not really up to standards of the Rainbow parks so has been removed from the listings as a Rainbow park but I believe that they do still five an Escapee discount. If you want an accurate version, ask Travis when we get to Escapade. 😊

Yeah, a few years ago I looked at a Google Satellite view of the park and only the two rows next to the office were being used.  Now it shows all three sections of the park filled with oil patch workers.  Good for them!

Archived