FL mobile repair

catsaplenty

Frustrated again.  Getting work done is certainly a challenge.  I am at the Bushnell park for a few weeks.  Made an appointment with the mobile repair that I am told is here a lot.  Today they were to be here between 10 and 12. Nope.  Woman called at noon to say they were behind.  She asked again about the items we had on my list.  Then she say "of course they won't do it all today".  Not what I understood when I made the appointment thru her.  She said they would be here within the hour.  Nope. No call, nothing.  Showed up here after 4:30.  He wasn't here to work of course but I could tell him (again) what I wanted so they could see what they could do when.  The real clincher - not that he seemed sorry about standing me up - he told me this is how it goes.  When he is at a place, people will come over to see if he can fix theirs too.  He says he will take care of those people because if he doesn't they won't call him.  What?!?!  So people who have waited for their appointments have zip for priority?  

So did I want to show him my stuff. No. I pointed out he had just told me that I could not count on him showing up to do my work while I am here no matter if we make another appointment.  He said that is how this business works.  Claims to have been doing this 35 years.

Amazing to me.  But certainly getting repairs done by people who don't show up or don't get the work right is a major and not unusual frustrating situation living FT in the RV. Not sure when I will find the next chance.  Is this really how business is done no days?

I have used Grease Monkey for all my service needs for a couple of years. We have been in Dunnellon, Inglis, Brooksville and now Floral City. They always show up on time, sometimes earlier than scheduled so I need to be ready, charge very fair prices, always do a great job, never a comeback, and are extremely knowledgeable in all things RV. So not all companies are the same. Ask around and get references. Chuck

58dd65872f8a7_ReducedRVandCar.jpg.cf7b626fb3b5b05ebc20cb05195193a2.jpg

Chuck and Susan      1999 Fleetwood Bounder 34            Triton V10 on Ford Chassis

Archived