Sign in to follow this  
wrenchhead30

shower handles keep falling off!!!

If you can completely clean the silicone off the glass and the handles, try using the rear view mirror glue sold at auto parts stores for reattaching the mirror to the windshield. Permatex brand has always worked well for me on cars and trucks.

12 hours ago, wrenchhead30 said:

What are you guys using to hold the handles to the glass? they originally used clear silicone so that's what i used and it just doesn't stay on for very long 

The key is to clean all the old sealant and soap scum off the glass. I use acetone. Get some acetone resistant gloves.

Bill

I would pick up a tube of 2-part epoxy.  After cleaning the surface really good follow the directions and use that.  You will  have to find a way to keep it pressed against the glass for an hour or so until it sets up.  Walmart even sells it now for about $4.50.

The DW's glasses broke right in the middle of the plastic temple piece on the left side.  She is having cataract surgery in about 6 weeks so we really didn't want to spend $300 or $400 for new glasses.  The 2-part epoxy is holding the repair great.