shower handles keep falling off!!!

wrenchhead30

What are you guys using to hold the handles to the glass? they originally used clear silicone so that's what i used and it just doesn't stay on for very long 

1992 Peterbilt 379 cummins N14(under construction)

2003 dodge ram 3500 4wd crewcab dually cummins 5.9

2012 heartland 40' big country 5th wheel

Home base Moody, Texas

If you can completely clean the silicone off the glass and the handles, try using the rear view mirror glue sold at auto parts stores for reattaching the mirror to the windshield. Permatex brand has always worked well for me on cars and trucks.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

12 hours ago, wrenchhead30 said:

What are you guys using to hold the handles to the glass? they originally used clear silicone so that's what i used and it just doesn't stay on for very long 

The key is to clean all the old sealant and soap scum off the glass. I use acetone. Get some acetone resistant gloves.

Bill

2008 Newmar Mountain Aire model 4521
450 hp Cummins ISM
Allison 4000MH tran.
Towing a 2014 Honda CRV with a blue Ox tow bar

Home base Fort Worth Texas

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.

-Mark Twain-

I would pick up a tube of 2-part epoxy.  After cleaning the surface really good follow the directions and use that.  You will  have to find a way to keep it pressed against the glass for an hour or so until it sets up.  Walmart even sells it now for about $4.50.

The DW's glasses broke right in the middle of the plastic temple piece on the left side.  She is having cataract surgery in about 6 weeks so we really didn't want to spend $300 or $400 for new glasses.  The 2-part epoxy is holding the repair great.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Archived