Towing Ford Fiesta or Edge

Barbaraok

I tow a 2013 AWD Edge with no issues.  Only requirement is to run the rig five minutes and shift into D and R before towing and every 300 miles.  I did add a charge line to keep the battery charged as the aux braking system will run the battery down over time.

Not all Edges are towable though.  Do your research.

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

We have a Fiesta, Ford say it's towable.

What Ford don't tell you is the transmission sucks and they are in multiple law suits over it.

DON'T BUY A FIESTA!!

It's nothing at all to do with towing them they just have major transmission problems.

http://www.fordtransmissionproblems.com/

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Adie said:

Owners manual says no, so just  asking for real world answers.

Do you mean that the owner's manual says "no problems" or "no towing?" According to the REMCO Towing website, it can be towed without modification. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 3 weeks later...

Check the owner's manual first. Many Ford products are towable four-down, but not all. If you are buying (or have) a vehicle with a warranty, go by the manual or you risk voiding the warranty. If no warranty is involved, REMCO is a good source. Most of the time the manual and REMCO will agree, but not always.

As I recall, the Lincoln MKX and Ford Edge are the same car. Our neighbor is towing an MKX and says he has had no problems. We're towing an MKT with no problems. My manual says to run the car in D, R, and N for a minute each, then shut off, shift to neutral, and "key" to accessory. Speed when towing is limited to 65 mph and we're supposed to run the engine every 300 miles. I never go over 65 anyway, and 250 miles is a long travel day. I, too, have the extra charge line, so the next time I travel I may not switch to accessory and see what happens.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40' (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS

Archived