Truck Master Fuel Finder

lappir

How many use a source to find the best price of fuel on your planned route? 

Many years ago someone posted about Truck Master and I used it to try and  plan my fuel stops, but most times missed them by not planning my route correctly in the GPS (ie waypoints). Next weekend I hope to do better. 

I also found a button to allow unattended locations and the best price along my route includes one of these places in Memphis, Tenn. Anyone used "Capital Fuels"? They have 8 locations in and around Tennessee. The Google Map photo  doesn't look all that great, but I will check it out anyway. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

There is a little 3"x5" blue book titled "POCKET Truck Stop Guide" that is sold at most truck stops.  It lists every state and all major roads.  It give you every fuel stop and rest stop for a big rig.   I like using it in my pre-trip planning.

For more exact information about a certain fuel stop I will use their app on my phone or their internet site (Pilot, Loves, Shell).   Also, sometimes I will use Google Earth to view the street situation entrance/exit for the fuel stop.  A couple weeks ago I failed to do this and went into a busy Pilot that was not at a stop light intersection.  When I exited I had to pull across 4 lanes of busy traffic to get back to the interstate.  Needless to say there was a delay.

I use the GasBuddy app but about the only thing it is good for IMHO is pricing gas for our car.  

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

Our Rand McNally RV GPS has the ability to connect via WIFI and also has Gas Buddy on it. It can find gas stations along your route and display current prices. To be honest I don't use that feature much as we usually plan our fuel stops around our overnight stops and use gas buddy on our phones to find the best prices.  

BnB

2009 Monaco Cayman DP 38'

bnbrv.blogspot.com/

45 minutes ago, noteven said:

Anyone ever taken a wander to a fuel stop to find the price and the GasBuddy price are different?

It does happen occasionally as they depend on users to report the prices, just as the RV park review sites depend on userers for their reviews. Reporting prices is very easy and takes only a couple of minutes so when that does happen I just file a report. The site shows how long it has been since the last report so it is easy to know the probability that the price is right. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 years later...

Years ago you could get the best Diesel price at truck stops - I used fuel up going and coming back at the Fla - Ga line. Now they all rip off their customers, you'll pay up to 20-30 cents more per gallon because they now figure its worth it since your spending the night at their facility.  I generally look for Raceway's on the road nice clean facility and many diesel pumps.

Regards - Mike

The main reason that truck stops are so much more expensive is that that trucking company's get a fuel surcharge that is tacked to the freight invoice for all goods hauled. It is paid on per mile that the load is hauled, is calculated on the "rack" price that is published on Tuesday on in a federal report, so the trucking companies can recoop anywhere from typically $.20 to I've seen $.30 per mile. So if the trucker is averaging  5mpg at $.20 per mile, he is getting reimbursed $1.00 per gallon for the fuel he buys. We don't get that as we are not commercial. That is why all fuel apps, are a godsend for us.