Sign in to follow this  
dirtrunner0519

T2000 Bumper Hitch Help Needed

Hi all, 

I am in need of installing a bumper hitch for my trailer i pull on my T2000 Kenworth. Any recommendations on a place to start. I have looked on E-trailer and they have a weld on one but I do not think it will work. 

Trailer weight 18k

Length- 35'

Any help appreciated

Build a frame that bolts to the frame. Then get a bolt on class 3 hitch and bolt59 the frame you made. I actually have a square light post for my rear bumper. I have the receiver tubing passing through the post. I goes forward to the frame I built for my bed tilt cylinders and is fastened to this. 

Edited by Ronbo

8 hours ago, Steve from SoCal said:

I made a bolt on hitch plate using 1/2 x 6" bar stock and a 5/8 plate.     This is for a 20 ton pintle hitch, 3/8 and 1/2" would work for a 20K trailer.

Steve

FUaAGYql.jpg

xhJHbwFl.jpg

uf41mkll.jpg

The forged 30k 2 5/16 ball will shear off before Steve's hitch will notice any load..

Plenty of geometry to make a very low-pin loading into the frame rails....nice and simple.

Drive on......($imple= Nice...)

I am going to be doing the same thing this winter. I want to incorporate a full with rear bumper with receiver hitch.  I will be using 8X8 square tube. Its bigger than I wanted but the price was right. I will make end caps and store my fishing poles in it. Also will be a step to get up on the bed. I have not figured out how everything will be attached yet. Likely something like what Steve has there.

beemergary that is almost exactly what we have on our farm trucks. I actually have 2 of them laying around off old trucks. They are 1 inch plate with a pintel hitch and receiver. We use to pull a pup trailer with the straight trucks.

7 hours ago, jenandjon said:

I am going to be doing the same thing this winter. I want to incorporate a full with rear bumper with receiver hitch.  I will be using 8X8 square tube. Its bigger than I wanted but the price was right. I will make end caps and store my fishing poles in it. Also will be a step to get up on the bed. I have not figured out how everything will be attached yet. Likely something like what Steve has there.

beemergary that is almost exactly what we have on our farm trucks. I actually have 2 of them laying around off old trucks. They are 1 inch plate with a pintel hitch and receiver. We use to pull a pup trailer with the straight trucks.

In the pics above you can see the side rails extend down below the hitch plate, the bumper attaches to the truck there.    The bumper on my truck is 2X6 and, I had to notch it to clear the pintle hook.      I don't have a receiver tube on the back, the pintle comes off and a ball mount bolts to the plate.      

Steve

8tKIhk8l.jpg