T2000 Bumper Hitch Help Needed

dirtrunner0519

I made a bolt on hitch plate using 1/2 x 6" bar stock and a 5/8 plate.     This is for a 20 ton pintle hitch, 3/8 and 1/2" would work for a 20K trailer.

Steve

FUaAGYql.jpg

xhJHbwFl.jpg

uf41mkll.jpg

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Build a frame that bolts to the frame. Then get a bolt on class 3 hitch and bolt59 the frame you made. I actually have a square light post for my rear bumper. I have the receiver tubing passing through the post. I goes forward to the frame I built for my bed tilt cylinders and is fastened to this. 

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

8 hours ago, Steve from SoCal said:

I made a bolt on hitch plate using 1/2 x 6" bar stock and a 5/8 plate.     This is for a 20 ton pintle hitch, 3/8 and 1/2" would work for a 20K trailer.

Steve

FUaAGYql.jpg

xhJHbwFl.jpg

uf41mkll.jpg

The forged 30k 2 5/16 ball will shear off before Steve's hitch will notice any load..

Plenty of geometry to make a very low-pin loading into the frame rails....nice and simple.

Drive on......($imple= Nice...)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

I am going to be doing the same thing this winter. I want to incorporate a full with rear bumper with receiver hitch.  I will be using 8X8 square tube. Its bigger than I wanted but the price was right. I will make end caps and store my fishing poles in it. Also will be a step to get up on the bed. I have not figured out how everything will be attached yet. Likely something like what Steve has there.

beemergary that is almost exactly what we have on our farm trucks. I actually have 2 of them laying around off old trucks. They are 1 inch plate with a pintel hitch and receiver. We use to pull a pup trailer with the straight trucks.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

7 hours ago, jenandjon said:

I am going to be doing the same thing this winter. I want to incorporate a full with rear bumper with receiver hitch.  I will be using 8X8 square tube. Its bigger than I wanted but the price was right. I will make end caps and store my fishing poles in it. Also will be a step to get up on the bed. I have not figured out how everything will be attached yet. Likely something like what Steve has there.

beemergary that is almost exactly what we have on our farm trucks. I actually have 2 of them laying around off old trucks. They are 1 inch plate with a pintel hitch and receiver. We use to pull a pup trailer with the straight trucks.

In the pics above you can see the side rails extend down below the hitch plate, the bumper attaches to the truck there.    The bumper on my truck is 2X6 and, I had to notch it to clear the pintle hook.      I don't have a receiver tube on the back, the pintle comes off and a ball mount bolts to the plate.      

Steve

8tKIhk8l.jpg

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

Archived