Winter Haven FL

rickeieio

We're considering spending a little time visiting the old folks (my Mom and step-dad) in Winter Haven, and taking in the RV show in January.  I've not had much success finding an RV park in the area that isn't a golf resort.  Can anyone make a recommendation?

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

9 hours ago, Striper said:

Rivers Edge in Winterhaven

I believe that Rivers Edge is in Winterhaven California.  Good Life RV Resort is south of Winter Haven Florida, and directly across the street from the local Camping World, Dusty's RV center.

This is a short drive to Winter Haven, up Rifle Range Rd.,  and straight shot across 60 to Highway 301 to the Tampa Fairgrounds. 

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

4 hours ago, Parrformance said:

I believe that Rivers Edge is in Winterhaven California.  Good Life RV Resort is south of Winter Haven Florida, and directly across the street from the local Camping World, Dusty's RV center.

This is a short drive to Winter Haven, up Rifle Range Rd.,  and straight shot across 60 to Highway 301 to the Tampa Fairgrounds. 

My Bad, sorry I missed that they were looking for Florida.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

You might want to check out LeLynn RV Resort in Polk City. It's right on I-4; probably 20 min to Winter Haven and 35-40 min to Tampa.

http://www.rvparking.com/fl/polk-city/lelynn-rv-resort

Rick

US Army 5th SFG (Retired)

"To Liberate the Oppressed"

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, no money left, a cigar in one hand, a whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a helluva ride!!"

2 hours ago, Rick said:

You might want to check out LeLynn RV Resort in Polk City. It's right on I-4; probably 20 min to Winter Haven and 35-40 min to Tampa.

http://www.rvparking.com/fl/polk-city/lelynn-rv-resort

That looks like it would work, close to Mom's place too.  The reviews are encouraging, but the newest is 3 years old.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row

Don't dismiss because of lack of reviews.

Rick

US Army 5th SFG (Retired)

"To Liberate the Oppressed"

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, no money left, a cigar in one hand, a whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a helluva ride!!"

It looks like LeLynn is the place.  We'l likely only be there for a week or so, then work our way around the gulf to be in the Texas Hill Country by early Feb.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN

Archived