Finding a Mobile RV Technician even in upstate NY

Rayne

4 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

Having one on had is probably not a bad idea, particularly if you intend to keep this RV for a long time. I used to carry spares of some items as well. But I would look very closely at the present pump to see if something has changed since this all started from things stored in that space pushing the leads off of the pump connections. As you say, it has been there a long time and this never happened before so while it could be a normal failure, the probability is that there is some relationship between the action that pulled off the wire and the sound and action change by the pump. In doing that you can also get a feel for what replacing the pump will require if you should need to do so. Replacement of that pump is not a technically difficult job and in most cases, the most difficult part is gaining access to do the work. With easy access, I have change out an old water pump in well under an hour. If you pay an RV tech to do this you can expect the labor to cost at least as much as the pump. 

I have never found a case where test equipment was "too good." I carry a cheap analog meter that cost less than $20 for use in places where it may experience rough conditions or to loan to a neighbor, but the one that I use for the most part is Fluke 77 that is 20 years old and would cost $300+ to replace today. 

Hi Kirk, mine is also a Fluke and probably nearly as old as yours. Thanks for the suggestions. Being a woman, and tall and big bones as well, makes it rather challenging for me to get at this pump location. But if I am get to warmer weather I plan to try. Thanks again. 

Rayne 

Rayne

2 Biewers, Miki and Timmy

2005 F-550 Lariat

2008Okanagan Truck Camper 116ULT 

Archived