Jump to content

Registering a vehicle in Texas

Recommended Posts

After multiple readings of the packet on Escapees, it SOUNDS like I can do the following....

1. Get insurance thru a TX insurer (and I need to look into future, full-time RVing insurance BEFORE I insure the Jeep)

2. Get proof of insurance. Fill out packet using Escapees mail service addy. Send all that along with PA seller's title,  photo ID (in my case, military ID card) and mucho dinero to Polk Co. auditor

3. Once registered and titled, get plates (I gather personalized plates are gotten online?) and drive down to TX in a reasonable amount of time for inspection and to get driver's license.


Sound right?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

when me and wife moved to texas as full-timers we had to show proof of address with 2 bills(electrical,water,sewer,cable,etc.) in order to get driver license and insurance! my daughter lives here so it was no problem because we stay there when we are there and they are OK with that. and by the way we have progressive insurance on our truck and trailer and everything inside of it

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


RVers Online University


Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.


RVAir The cleanest air in RVing!

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

AGS Now Hiring

RV Pet Safety

RVTravel.com Logo

  • Create New...