Class A with driver’s seat legroom

Mich@el

Did anyone have luck woth buying an RV that is comfortable for a tall man with long legs?  If so what did you get?  We have been searching and looking but all the class C's and the A's we've seen with the seat ll the way back his knees are still touching the dash....

any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.  Why do Rv manufacturers think everyone is short???

4 hours ago, RVdream said:

Why do Rv manufacturers think everyone is short???

If looking for a used... try Alfa motorhomes.  They have attics (high cabinets/ceilings)

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

12 hours ago, RVdream said:

Did anyone have luck woth buying an RV that is comfortable for a tall man with long legs?

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Since I'm pretty average of height, I have never had reason to address that but I am aware of the problem. It comes from the manufacturers trying to squeeze the most that they can into the shortest of RVs. I have been told that the problem is getting better but am really not sure. Are you shopping new or used? And what length?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Height is less of an issue as having the drivers seat as far back as it can go and his knees still touching the dash .... that is the big issue we have not been able to get around.  Anyone have luck with an RV  that has a drivers seat such that a man with long legs can drive comfortably?  He is only 6'3" but has very long arms/legs so the space between seat and dash is an issue in RV's....  We are shopping for like new under 30 foot diesel.

Edited by RVdream

Keep in mind that RV seats can also be raised to provide more legroom. Spacer blocks should be relatively easy to fabricate. Some years back, I removed add-on spacer blocks from a drivers seat for woman that couldn't easily reach the peddles. The blocks had originally been installed for her recently deceased husband...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

23 hours ago, sandsys said:

If they thought that why would I not be able to use the microwave safely? :)

Linda

My Linda feels the same, we bought an Oster counter-top convection oven/air fryer so she can bake without it being a foot over her head. I do all the microwave stuff now, eye level for me.

Dutch, thanks for the idea, I'll start with 1" riser blocks under the chair.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961