"Newt's", glass gets some class.......now some more shiny stuff...........

mr. cob

Howdy All,

When I was working on cleaning up the aluminum cowling on the hood of the Pete, little Newt, was watching me, I could swear he was speaking in Dachsoniess and telling me he wanted his Wiener Window, spiffed up.  So one of the things I bought was a chrome trim ring for the Wiener Window.  I mean come on man what self respecting 379 co-pilot likes looking through a window with a black rubber molding on it.

Before,

IMG_3175-XL.jpg

After.

IMG_3176-XL.jpg

Now he's bugging me to get rid of the ugly decal that messes up his view, darn Dog, good thing I love'em.

Dave and Newt

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave,

You are having a blast pimpin out that hood!

You AND Newt need CAT hats.

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

1 minute ago, Steve from SoCal said:

Dave,

You are having a blast pimpin out that hood!

You AND Newt need CAT hats.

Steve

Howdy Steve,

I can not tell a lie, yes I am, I am indeed.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave, it just keeps getting better and better. Glad you got to get your dream truck.....it is all working out!!

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

54 minutes ago, Jack Mayer said:

Dave, it just keeps getting better and better. Glad you got to get your dream truck.....it is all working out!!

Howdy Jack,

I am just an old kid with a new toy and that’s the truth of the matter.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

46 minutes ago, Pete Kildow said:

Chrome will not get you home. But man looking good while doing the job. priceless. Used to drive for an 0/0. He would give us $250. per month for the chrome bug.😎

Howdy Pete,

I knew before I bought the Pete, that it would slowly but surely nickle-dime me to the poor house when it came to bits of bling, but its a bit late in life to all of a sudden become responsible  Well that's my story and I am sticking to it......................

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Pete,

I knew before I bought the Pete, that it would slowly but surely nickle-dime me to the poor house when it came to bits of bling, but its a bit late in life to all of a sudden become responsible  Well that's my story and I am sticking to it......................

Dave

Responsible is for normal younger people. LOL HAHA The older I get well you get the point...

I had a few pieces I was thinking about buying. But new Steer tires, And bumper come first.This old T600, chrome is like putting lipstick on a pig.

event.png

Pete,

That T600 is still a good looking truck.  Elbow grease. LOL

Used to be a guy , Lostinaz.  posted here with T-600 B that was the truck he drove to retirement. Sat in his yard for a number of years and then he got the bug to run it as a RVhauler. Put a highway flatbed on it and pulled his TT toyhauler.  His SXS rode on the bed and looked real nice.

Thanks for the pic                                                                                                                                                                 

Thankfully, we all have a different idea of what looks good.  Personally, I think the T-660 is one of the best looking trucks EVER.  I'm not a fan of chrome or bling that serves no purpose.  I'm in the minority, and okay with it.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Howdy All,

I am just going to keep this thread going to share the eventual clean up of the ole Pete.  Today I worked on removing years of grit, grime and neglect from the nose of the Pete, I was surprised the bumper cleaned up well, the aluminum cowl around the radiator is now MUCH better then it was but its going to take someone who knows what they are doing with the right equipment and materials to make it shine like I want it to.  Newt, was sitting in the shade watching this transformation and he approves.

IMG_3194-L.jpg

IMG_3195-L.jpg

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Why do I see a water bowl but no sign of Newt in any of those pictures? 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Just now, Big5er said:

Why do I see a water bowl but no sign of Newt in any of those pictures? 

Howdy Phil,

Cuzz Newt, is a smart dog and was laying under the truck in the shade whilst I was out working in the hot sun.  Darn dog he co-pilots this thing you would think he could help a little bit.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Dave, you can stop polishing that thing, or you're gonna make the rest of us look like slackers.  Well, okay, some us really are slackers.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

35 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

Dave, you can stop polishing that thing, or you're gonna make the rest of us look like slackers.  Well, okay, some us really are slackers.

Howdy rickeieio,

I suppose I should’nd say anything about starting to clean up the battery box it and the tool box on the other side are in dire need of some TLC.  If I wasn’t playing with my Peter I could probably spend my time doing something useful.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Howdy All,

Digging through the pile of shiny stuff I bought while in Missouri, I found the stainless steel wiper arm covers.

IMG_3255-L.jpg

I also picked up a set of lighted front bumper guides, now I know where the ends of the "Hood" and the bumper are, these are shiny but a real aid to close maneuvering

.IMG_3257-L.jpg

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

12 hours ago, dan412 said:

Bumper guides were called sissy sticks when I started driving. 

Howdy Dan412

I may be a sissy but I know where the ends of my bumper and front fenders are and to be honest about it I don’t care what others think 

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy All,

I am now attending another bike rally in Ceder Vale, Kansas, on the way to this rally I drove past Joplin Missouri, so I just HAD to stop at the big chrome shop there and pick up some more bling for the Pete, I just installed these head light trims this morning.

This is the old trim, you can see where the plating has started to peel it was like this on both side of the truck.

IMG_3329-L.jpg

IMG_3330-L.jpg

This is the new trims in place, with LED lights.

IMG_3331-L.jpg

IMG_3332-L.jpg

I have NOT hooked up the lights, I am NOT in any way qualified to mess with anything electrical, if someone who is knowledgeable of such things would guide me through doing this while at the National Rally, I would be most grateful for any help offered.  I think the hooded visors and the lights really set off the front of the truck.  Pimping the Pete, is my new pass-time. :D

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived