fulltime Canadian help

looking at heading to BC for the winter.  Anybody give recommendations on fulltime campgrounds in lower BC.

leaving late from Canada.  what is the best route across the states to the west coast so I can go back up to BC.  travelling across Canada that time of year not the best idea

thanks

I 94 to I 90 would be the obvious route to Seatlle and then I 5 to the border. Easy grades and well maintained. High elevations crossing the Rockies, so plan ahead for weather conditions. To avoid cold weather means taking a deep detour south,  like I 80 or I 40, and then get onto I 5 through Oregon, but that adds many miles.

Have not stayed recently, but Hazelmere and Pacific Border RV Resorts in lower mainland were ok.

Consider getting the ferry to Vancouver Island and look at Resort on the Lake in Nanaimo or Fort Victoria in VIctoria. Ferry may cost $300 or so, each way, depending on rig length, but resorts may be cheaper - and some used to offer a special to refund the ferry costs.

The weather will be cool, mostly above freezing, and there will be lots of rain, mostly Nov/Dec.

John

John
Titanium 29EX 29/34 Fifthwheel

Archived