Oriental text

Sehc

Every time a forum blocks them there are new attempts to go around it. We moderators are removing them as quickly as we are able and the IT department is working on a block. Of course, such things only work until the spam robots find a way around which they will eventually and then we start all over. It isn't like someone invited them in. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

yrs ago i was an admin on 2 sites an a moderator on another. i have also built well over 75 sites. what has to be done on the Cpanel on main server. is block each Country's IP.  5.0.000.00 ect blocks Korea . new members captcha with answer in English .one site had set to new members allowed 3 post per day. until certain amt was met. This gives time to block.

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

On 8/14/2018 at 8:04 AM, mesa said:

I just got about 20 emails with the same ,Help 

On 8/12/2018 at 6:51 AM, Sehc said:

When I search for new posts, more than 1/2 of the forum results are in some oriental text. Japanese or Chinese or something.

For the last 4 days I've been getting 25-30 messages per day with oriental Text.  FROM: Forum Escapees Discussion. With this address. -  noreply@invisioncloudcommunity.com

Very frustrating -- makes me want to to unsubscribe from this forum but don't know that would stop the barrage of emails. 

Can the Moderator comment  or she'd light on the problem?

Thanks

Deena

Avery & Deena Gentle

Class of 2010 - SKP #102860

'07 Alfa Founder SoLong

'09 Ford Escape Hybrid

If you're getting messages like that, it's because you've asked for notifications of new posts. Turn that off for now, and reevaluate when the Chinese storm passes. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

4 hours ago, begentle said:

The problem is offshore spam generators by computer and it takes time for the admin to find blocks since they also fake where the spam came from. We moderators can hide the spam posts and block the author, but that it only temporary since all of them are hoax sources. Only you can turn notifications on and off. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

8 minutes ago, Velos said:

FYI,

I just turned off my notifications and received 5 more Chinese SPAM during and after completing the turn off?

Ditto here. Turned off notifications a few hours ago. Have gotten about 10 since then.  Is there a lag time for the change to take effect? 

Avery & Deena Gentle

Class of 2010 - SKP #102860

'07 Alfa Founder SoLong

'09 Ford Escape Hybrid

Probably. Invision, the company that provides the forum software, probably has servers in multiple locations. It will take time for the notification change to work it's way through the system, to update all the various locations. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

9 hours ago, begentle said:

For the last 4 days I've been getting 25-30 messages per day with oriental Text.  FROM: Forum Escapees Discussion. With this address. -  noreply@invisioncloudcommunity.com

Very frustrating -- makes me want to to unsubscribe from this forum but don't know that would stop the barrage of emails. 

Thanks

Deena

Maybe you should go into your account settings and change your settings on notifications?  The site still needs to correct the problem but this will give you some relief for now.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2018 at 7:52 PM, Velos said:

I just blocked Escapees Discussion Forum in my Outlook Email as the messages kept coming and that seemed to have stopped the notifications. 

I removed the block from Escapees Discussion Forum aka www.rvnetwork.com yesterday and that seemed to work.  Knock on wood no more Oriental SPAM.  I did miss reading the posts for those 10 days and glad to have them back now.

Archived