MyDakotaAddress.com is shutting the doors

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, docj said:

FWIW the guy had been the owner of the business and we have no way of knowing if he still was a part owner. Everything we have been discussing is speculation and hearsay. There's no way of knowing what the truth is

But cowboy said Terri told him on the phone that she is the owner, and that Knuths was the previous owner, about 4 or 5 years ago.  Is there anything to indicate that's not the truth? 

In fact, in the annual reports filed with the Secretary of State, Jon Knuths signed everything starting at the beginning, in 2005, until the last document he signed, on 6-5-13.  Terri signed everything after that, including a Statement of Change of Registered Agent from Jon Knuths to Terri Lund on 5-8-15.  That corroborates her statement that she, and not Knuths, is the owner, and has been for several years.

Is he still part owner, as you speculate?  Terri called him the previous owner, and there's nothing to indicate that he's a part owner.  So there's simply no basis for even believing he's a part owner, much less using it as a justification to trash him on his business's social media page, for all his customers and associates to see.

23 hours ago, docj said:

IMO the derogatory post I made may have gotten this guy off his butt to arrange the mail forwarding by usps. I'm sure he didn't want his bank customers to think he had stiffed his mail forwarding ones.

But since he's only the former owner, he doesn't have any mail forwarding customers that he owes a duty to get off his butt for.  He's not stiffing anybody if he hasn't been an owner of the business for several years.  That's all on the current owner, and I can't believe anybody would think otherwise.

I'm pretty sure that the mail forwarding isn't something Terri could have done on her own since it's a direct violation of usps policy.

I don't know why you assume Terri couldn't have persuaded the the post office herself.  But if you refuse to believe that she could, it could also also be that the post office realized, on its own, that this is going to be a huge mess and is trying to mitigate it as best it can.  Maybe they think in the end it will lessen the amount of work that's going to fall on them.  And you know that even though they don't have any responsibility in this, people are going to be screaming at them and bad-mouthing them. 

I mean, look at what you've done to Knuths, in your admitted quest for revenge (although you didn't say if you got around to writing the board of directors of his bank "telling them what a creep he is"), despite evidence that he has nothing to do with this.  The post office has enough people trashing it all the time already, and doesn't need a thousand more complaining that the mean people at the post office won't just accept their change of address forms, like they do for everybody else.

"

24 minutes ago, Blues said:

But cowboy said Terri told him on the phone that she is the owner, and that Knuths was the previous owner, about 4 or 5 years ago.  Is there anything to indicate that's not the truth? 

From http://mydakotaaddress.com/About Us.htm

"MyDakotaAddress.com, a division of Dakota International Services, LLC, 
is locally owned and operated by Mr. Jon Knuths and managed by 
Ms. Terri Lund."

Apparently no one had time to update the MDA site in the 4-5 years since the ownership changed hands...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

1 hour ago, Dutch_12078 said:

"

Ms. Terri Lund."

Apparently no one had time to update the MDA site in the 4-5 years since the ownership changed hands...

I suppose it's possible that the new owner never rec'd the admin password to be able to access the site . 

Edited by Pat & Pete

Goes around , comes around .

9 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

I suppose it's possible that the new owner never rec'd the admin password to be able to access the site . 

A lot of things are "possible", but it's not like she didn't know where to find the previous owner. ;)

Dutch

That is weird as I had Nationwide through Dougherty's also. My premium went up. I switched and went through FMCA and got a policy with same Nationwide and it was about 1100 a year less. Based on them paying what I paid if I have a loss.

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

3 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

True that^ . 

But , who says the PO had any kind of memory or wrote stuff like that on paper or ... . LOL

And of course the "Forgot password?" link was broken I suppose... ☺️

Dutch

36 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

And of course the "Forgot password?" link was broken I suppose... ☺️

Well yeah , more than likely.  The PO could have had a bunch of different email addresses . Or , maybe the one linked to that account was with a long since defunct service . :ph34r:

Edited by Pat & Pete

Goes around , comes around .

48 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

Well yeah , more than likely.  The PO could have had a bunch of different email addresses . Or , maybe the one linked to that account was with a long since defunct service . :ph34r:

Or maybe they just forgot to change it... 👀

Dutch

Kik, no, I just paid this years insurance in July so the $101 more for the truck is due to the change from Madison to Sioux Falls. I will cancel the SD policies this fall as we are purchasing a home in AL.       Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

On 8/4/2018 at 8:37 AM, Big Greg said:

FYI....our truck insurance increased $101 after updating our address to Sioux Falls.     Greg

My automobile insurance increased by roughly $10/mo as a result of the move. We have Progressive. 

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

43 minutes ago, docj said:

My automobile insurance increased by roughly $10/mo as a result of the move. We have Progressive. 

Do you have everything insured through them?  They cover my 5ver but USAA covers the tv and car.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

On 8/4/2018 at 9:09 PM, Dutch_12078 said:

Ms. Terri Lund."

I'll take what Terri said recently about who owns the business over a website that hasn't changed since 2005.

• 2 weeks later...

After 18 days since I started action to establish a new SD address, I still am working on it.  Dakota Post never called back.  Went with MyBestAddress who immediately took our $, but took several days to get the necessary info to us and for us to return it to them .  Had to pay for a notary and shipping.  So we spent many days as stateless folks until MBA affirmed we were hooked up with them.  A very uncomfortable feeling.  Yes, our vehicle insurance rates increase.  Obviously a lot more people in Sioux Falls run into each other and steal stuff than in Madison.  Many changes require that you  be there in person to accomplish.  I am not sure if I will be able to vote absentee this fall.  I have a bank account at the Madison branch of First Bank.  Wanted to change to a Sioux Falls branch.  You can only do that in person although I set up the original account online.   I just bought about three lifetimes of checks that have the old address.  So have have had to purchase new checks for two accounts--more $.  I have spent many, many hours online and on hold changing addresses and still have more to do as I remember things.  Know I have a lot of governmental folks to contact.  Had a month's worth of mail to be sent.  Only mail Terri sent was the Medicare cards which was great and a brochure from a cruise line!  Wonder where the rest of the mail is and what it was?  Can't take a cruise because you need a  DL with the new address and to get a new one you have to do it in person.  SD is not on our schedule this year.

Bill, Mo Rex & Princess

Fulltiming since 8/1993

06 Duramax 08 Cardinal 35

SKP 27411

1 hour ago, bilmorvn said:

Can't take a cruise because you need a  DL with the new address and to get a new one you have to do it in person. 

I'm not sure where you got this information.  All I've ever used for an ID on a cruise is a passport.  That includes an Alaska cruise on Norwegian that left out of Seattle and a Princess Cruise that left out of Southampton UK.  Even if you don't have a passport, it's easier to get one than to go to SD to get a new license.

Edited by docj

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

2 hours ago, bilmorvn said:

I just bought about three lifetimes of checks that have the old address.  So have have had to purchase new checks for two accounts--more $.

I've been using checks that have the address of the house I sold 10 years ago in the divorce. Who cares what address is on the checks? The invoice has the right address on it, the bank knows the correct address so what difference does it make? 

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

If you bank online what difference does it make which "branch"  you have?   You should be able to use any of their branches to conduct business if you actually need to go to one.  Many people move in their own states, even out of state and never change from 1 bank to another, or 1 branch to another branch.

Pat DeJong

I haven't been to a bank or branch for 30-40 years and I have switched banks and brokerages. Everything is done electronically. Loans, mortgages, new account, transfers, deposits, withdrawals(ATM) etc. I don't think anyone even looks at the address on a check and how many checks does one write?? 2-3 a year, maybe.