New Mac Book Pro lap top

I bought a new Mac Book Pro lap top and have a Kodak All in one printer cp310 which I used with my old Mac Book pro......Apple changed the security settings now my new lap top will not let me install the printer drivers.  I have tried going into Terminal and disabling it to always allow but it does not work.  I do not want to have to buy a new printer which I may have the same problem with.  I am really getting frustrated....

I assume you have High Sierra operating system.  Unless Kodak has released a new driver for printers that works with Sierra or High Sierra (I didn't find any on their site) you are probably going to need a new printer.   You could post your question on the Apple Discussion Forums and see if anyone has a work around for you.

New printers will have up to date drivers.  Never have a problem with HP.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

• 3 weeks later...

You made a wise decision on the mac pro. great machine. I would call apple care. Your have 1 yr of free apple care if my memory serves me right. Heck, even when it expires they will still help you. Thats why I will never buy another windows pc. I love owning MS stock but not their operating system.

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived