Friendly Dog Repellent

FL-JOE

We are in a nice small park district CG up north close to family for a couple of months.  The park is mostly local folks in RVs that rent the same sites every year.  The couple next to us live in their fiver full time and have been parked in the same spot for a few years.   Even though the park has posted rules about cleaning up after your pets and posted rules about dogs being required to be on leashes, these folks next to us simply let their small dog run around outside once a day and crap behind my MH.  At first I just knew there was a small dog leaving me a present every day but I finally happened to be out dumping my black tank and watched the little sneaky dude make his delivery.

I waited until it happened again and called their attention to it.  The male neighbor came over the picked it up but he had to hunt around and find an old Walmart bag to use.  That told me they had never really practiced picking up after their dog.  The next couple of days when I found some "gifts" in the same spot behind my MH I would pick it up and toss it over to their yard.  I had noticed that they mow their own site and liked to walk around barefoot in their grass so I figured that would work.  No such luck.

Found a recipe online (white vinegar and ground pepper) and mixed some up.  I use a spray bottle and every couple of days I spray around my site.  It will probably take me over a month to use a gallon.  So far I haven't found any more yard bombs behind my MH.  Actually when I see other folks walking their dogs they don't seem to wander over to my area at all anymore.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

1 hour ago, Sticky said:

Thank you!!! What is the recipe please? I would love to know!

White vinegar and a little cayenne pepper mixed in.  I just tossed the cayenne into the jug of cheap vinegar then I pour some into my small spray bottle as I need it.  Just watched a overnight RVer walk her two dogs past our site.  Her beagle pulled over by my welcome sign, I'm sure he was thinking it looked like a great spot to tinkle.  His nose came up and he decided he didn't like the grass surrounding my coach for some reason!  Ummm…..smells okay to me.

Joe & Cindy

Newmar 4369 Ventana

Pulling 24' enclosed (Mini Cooper, Harley, 2 Kayaks)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Had a lady walking her dog. She would lead him over to our spot. Let him do his job, and walk off. I was a nice Neighbor, Took his present back to her in a bag. Left it on her step, without the bag.

I know people have gone crazy over pets. And that's there choice. But I have a choice of not having one. Nor do I care to have one doing there Business around me. As for jumping on me. I'm sorry, but have no issues making sure it does not happen again.

event.png

I think that is the absolute best approach.  They can experience what they did to someone else.

I was on my motorcycle when someone in the lane next to me, just ahead of me, tossed out a fast food drink cup.  WTF??  So I moved forward, grabbed it, and shot it into their window.  "Here, you dropped this!"  

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We traveled full time for several years with our pup and other dog owners drove us crazy. The "special" folks with "special" dogs running loose in front of them who holler out not to worry they don't bite as the ankle biter rushes my pup on his leash just walking by peacefully to get to the dog relief area. He was trained to ignore them but a couple of tines he almost had to defend himself from a dog ten times smaller than him. Ever wonder how they'd react if I trained him to bite them? Our last pup is failing and may not survive this move to Colorado. But she's always had her own five acres her entire life, and a warm bed at the foot of ours. We won't get another as we want to do Australia and the China/Japan/India too perhaps. We don't like to kennel them save for emergencies. All our ten or so pups were third level obedience trained except for this last one. But that's more for their youth. At my age I wouldn't run when my life was not in danger either.;)

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire