What company makes the best class c?

Ikeepsitmovin'

We have a 25 ft Jayco Melbourne for 3 yrs. we are happy with it. There are better class c’s but you pay $20,000 more and worse class c’s that cost less. So buy the best you can afford. We are happy with ours and the price and remember they all go down in value. How much do you want to throw away?  

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2018 at 3:55 PM, sandsys said:

As you look at the Class B ones consider the size of the black tank. We managed only 4 months in our Leisure Travel before we got tired of dumping that often and traded it in on our Winnebago View. Dave also wanted the taller interior of the View; he didn't like having his hair move when he walked under the A/C in the Leisure Travel.

Linda Sand

We're looking to upsize from a RoadTrek CS Adventurous.  We're looking at the Winnebago View and can't decide on a model.  Each seems to have advantages over the others.  Which of the three models did you choose and why did you choose that one over the others?

1 hour ago, Jillie said:

We're looking to upsize from a RoadTrek CS Adventurous.  We're looking at the Winnebago View and can't decide on a model.  Each seems to have advantages over the others.  Which of the three models did you choose and why did you choose that one over the others?

We chose the 2008 H model View because that was the only one that had room in the bathroom for Dave's long legs. Since I'm short I didn't have that problem. Instead my problem was the microwave being too high for me to safely remove food from it. Like you said, "advantages and disadvantages."

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I researched for two years before I made my decision to purchase a Lazy Daze 26.5 Class C. I could not afford a new one, and it is hard to find many used ones this far east ( Texas).  I am travelling alone, and like to make sourdough bread and enjoy cooking, so I found a 2002 rear kitchen model that suits me well. I just had the roof re-caulked before I head out and the mobile contractor stated he couldn't believe how strong the roof was. Said it didn't give at all, where most of the RV's he works on the roof flex like crazy. Also recently had it weighed out at the Escapees Park in Livingston. I was afraid I would have to unload a bunch of my junk, but it weighed out well under the max limits. The lady that weighed me said the Lazy Daze always weigh out well. I understand a lot of RV's are almost at their max limits when you take them off the showroom floor, so something to keep in mind. Lazy Daze does not deal with dealerships. You either buy a new one direct from the factory, or you purchase a used one, usually from an individual. Whatever RV you choose, pay the money and have it professionally inspected before finalizing the purchase.  Good luck.

Lynda

16 hours ago, captlyn said:

I understand a lot of RV's are almost at their max limits when you take them off the showroom floor, so something to keep in mind.

Welcome to the forums and also to the Escapees RV Club! Consider this to be an SKP hug and also your personal invitation to attend the 2020 Escapade!

The weight issue with new RVs was a fairly common problem, especially for motorized RVs back in the late 80's and into the 90's but as far as I am awarer is not true today. It has been a long time since I have seen anything but the smallest of RVs with less than 1000# of cargo capacity and most motorized RVs today have 2000# or more. Even my little 20' travel trailer that was built in 2012 has a capacity of 850# and you would be hard pressed to find storage for that much inside of it. That isn't bad for a trailer that has a GVWR of less then 4000#.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 4 months later...

Integra makes a really nice Class C.  I have looked at some under 30' models and it will be my next camper.  I currently have a 17 Coachman 27'. The coachman is fine but no slides.  Ford E350 no problems and the Coachman has walls that are moisture proof so I think  delam is unlikely.

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2018 at 9:15 AM, DeanCHS1980 said:

I am a fan of  Pleasure Way,  I prefer the Ford E350/E450 chassis.

Dean

I'm also a fan of the Pleasure Way on the Ford Chassis. They are expensive and may not be the best for the Dollar. Mind was on a E350 chassis so to keep the weight down the under side is open thus not protected for below freezing use. The workmanship was superb and I found everything user friendly. When I decided to sell my B&S home, I sold the Pleasure Way and moved into a Fifth wheel  twice the size  but a fraction of the quality

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C