Recommendations for 5th wheel Insurance Coverage

Hi,

We are picking up our new 5th wheel in 2 weeks.  Would appreciate possible recommendations on the type of insurance coverage and companies in the RV insurance industry we may call for a quote.  We don't want this insurance as an extension of our auto policy. Thank you!

If you are going full time, then you don’t just want RV insurance you want full timers insurance.  This is RV insurance with additional liability coverages like on a home owners policy.  I personally am not a full timer, so I have standard RV insurance.  I, however, carry a lot of stuff in my RV so I did adjust some coverage higher (like personal property) to compensate.  An RV is a big investment and you want to make sure it is covered properly.

I went through Miller Insurance for my needs.  They are a broker that specializes in the RV market.  They know what to ask to make sure you get the coverage you want/need.  They then shop around to find you the best policy to meet those needs.  I got a policy with National General through them.

There are several other RV specific brokers out there that are also well thought of on this forum, but I don’t have there names in front of me to list here.  I’m sure someone will come along and list them soon.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Here are some agencies with good reputations in the RV community:

AIS insurance

Foremost Insurance

RV Advantage

Explorer RV Insurance

Miller Insurance

Each of these agencies have a long and proven track record in the RV Community. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

12 hours ago, EverywhereMan said:

We are picking up our new 5th wheel in 2 weeks.  

If you mean brand new rather than *new-to-you,* then you will definitely want total loss replacement coverage.  This coverage will buy you a brand new, equivalent, RV in case of total loss within the first 5 model years (check on this with any insurance company you're talking with...we ran into a case with one insurance company whose total loss replacement coverage was only for an 18-month period).  Thereafter, they'll pay you the amount you purchased your rig for.  Without this coverage, all you'd get in the case of a total loss would be market value which is considerably less.

As mentioned, if you are going to fulltime in your rig, you'll need fulltimers insurance.  Otherwise, rv-specific insurance will do.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

• 1 month later...

If you are full timing take the advise of the full timers here.We are long Timers and use Progressive for all our Vehicle needs. We are satisfied with the service.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

3 hours ago, richfaa said:

If you are full timing take the advise of the full timers here.We are long Timers and use Progressive for all our Vehicle needs. We are satisfied with the service.

I am back with Progressive as Blue Sky no longer insures 5th wheels.  My rate and coverage are comparable.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Archived