Jump to content

Hard Wired Internet


Recommended Posts

On 8/4/2021 at 11:56 AM, Chad Heiser said:

I just connect my router to the Mobley WiFi signal and then connect all my other devices to the router.  My devices connect to the router through either Ethernet cables or through the WiFi network the router rebroadcasts.  With this method, there is one device connected to the Mobley (the router) and then everything else is connected to the router either wirelessly or wired.

Chad, I picked up a Linksys EA6350 wifi router and was wondering if you could guide me on how to connect it to the Mobley wifi.  "my computer skills are very limited".  Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2021 at 12:43 PM, dennisvr said:

Chad, I picked up a Linksys EA6350 wifi router and was wondering if you could guide me on how to connect it to the Mobley wifi.  "my computer skills are very limited".  Thanks

Don’t you have to have hard wired to the router? Then your router broadcasts the signal. If it is like my wifi Ranger GO AC, go to the routers control panel and select your Mobley. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, rynosback said:

Don’t you have to have hard wired to the router? Then your router broadcasts the signal. If it is like my wifi Ranger GO AC, go to the routers control panel and select your Mobley. 

I was under the impression that it did it wireless, because I don't think you can hardwire anything to the Mobley.  Does anyone know if that is true?  I would sure like to get this working because I've maxed out the 5 devices and would like to add more.
So if there is anyone out there that could instruct be on how to use this "Linksys EA6350 wifi router" with the Mobley I would sure appreciate it.  Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, dennisvr said:

I was under the impression that it did it wireless, because I don't think you can hardwire anything to the Mobley.  Does anyone know if that is true?  I would sure like to get this working because I've maxed out the 5 devices and would like to add more.
So if there is anyone out there that could instruct be on how to use this "Linksys EA6350 wifi router" with the Mobley I would sure appreciate it.  Thanks

The Mobley has a USB port on one edge near the ODB2 connector that can be used for tethering. There may be a label covering the port, and it cannot be used to power the Mobley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

The Mobley has a USB port on one edge near the ODB2 connector that can be used for tethering. There may be a label covering the port, and it cannot be used to power the Mobley.

Thanks for the reply Dutch.  I do see a small plug on the side under a cover on the Mobley, I assume its a mini USB port.  I see a reg sized USB port on the front of the router, I wonder if I connect the two it would work?  Sorry for the lack of knowledge, but my computer skills are limited...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dennisvr said:

Thanks for the reply Dutch.  I do see a small plug on the side under a cover on the Mobley, I assume its a mini USB port.  I see a reg sized USB port on the front of the router, I wonder if I connect the two it would work?  Sorry for the lack of knowledge, but my computer skills are limited...

Yes, that will work if your router software includes the coding needed to recognize the Mobley. I have not kept up with which routers support the Mobley though, so perhaps someone else can help with that part. I moved my Mobley SIM into an AT&T hotspot a couple of years ago and would have to do some digging in my spares to even find my Mobley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2021 at 7:40 AM, dennisvr said:

I was under the impression that it did it wireless, because I don't think you can hardwire anything to the Mobley.  Does anyone know if that is true?  I would sure like to get this working because I've maxed out the 5 devices and would like to add more.
So if there is anyone out there that could instruct be on how to use this "Linksys EA6350 wifi router" with the Mobley I would sure appreciate it.  Thanks

I have know idea if what you have will. And yes you can not hardwire a Mobley to a router. If it does you need to go into the routers control panel and connect to your Mobleys signal. My Mobley connects to my wifi Ranger Go AC perfectly. 

Edited by rynosback
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rynosback said:

I have know idea if what you have will. And yes you can not hardwire a Mobley to a router. If it does you need to go into the routers control panel and connect to your Mobleys signal. My Mobley connects to my wifi Ranger Go AC perfectly. 

"Before I switched to the unite explore I had the Mobley connected to an ASUS RT-N66U running DD-WRT. I connected the Mobley to the router via USB cable. Then I connected everything to the N66U just like at home. It worked fine. But I had no need for Ethernet connections." (emphasis added)

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/mobley-to-a-wired-router-for-house-internet-410160.html#post4394773

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/4/2021 at 11:43 AM, dennisvr said:

Chad, I picked up a Linksys EA6350 wifi router and was wondering if you could guide me on how to connect it to the Mobley wifi.  "my computer skills are very limited".  Thanks

Sorry I didn’t reply sooner.  We were at an RV park with no cell signal and less than reliable WiFi for the last two weeks so I wasn’t on the forum during that time.  Did you get your stuff hooked up?

When I connected my mobley to my linksys router, I used my iPad to connect to the routers start page.  I then pointed the router to the mobley for Internet access and set up the WiFi network for my other devices to connect to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Sorry I didn’t reply sooner.  We were at an RV park with no cell signal and less than reliable WiFi for the last two weeks so I wasn’t on the forum during that time.  Did you get your stuff hooked up?

When I connected my mobley to my linksys router, I used my iPad to connect to the routers start page.  I then pointed the router to the mobley for Internet access and set up the WiFi network for my other devices to connect to.

Thanks Chad for the reply.  After I sent the post and didnt get a reply I looked at your profile and noticed your retirement clicker showed you had retired.  So I thought you were out enjoying retirement.  Retirement is great, just got back from 5 wks in Utah myself.
I have not gotten the router hooked up yet.  Problem I have is it says to link up to my router thru the wireless internet connection and then go to my browser to continue, but when I link to the router I lose internet connection and cant  continue.  Its got to be something simple I'm missing, but with my lack of computer knowledge its not easy for me.
Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2021 at 7:18 AM, dennisvr said:

Thanks Chad for the reply.  After I sent the post and didnt get a reply I looked at your profile and noticed your retirement clicker showed you had retired.  So I thought you were out enjoying retirement.  Retirement is great, just got back from 5 wks in Utah myself.
I have not gotten the router hooked up yet.  Problem I have is it says to link up to my router thru the wireless internet connection and then go to my browser to continue, but when I link to the router I lose internet connection and cant  continue.  Its got to be something simple I'm missing, but with my lack of computer knowledge its not easy for me.
Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

 

 

Another delay kept me off the internet for a day and a half.  We had a wonderful PSPS event here.  That is a Public Safety Power Shutoff where the power company de-energizes the power lines due to a high wind event to prevent fires.  I love living in California.

Retirement has been nice.  It finally set in a week or so ago when I was finally retired longer than the longest vacation of my career.  It didn’t hurt that my first retirement check also finally showed up.

With my router, I have to connect to the router wirelessly via WiFi.  I then go to a specified IP address that points to the router’s set up page.  The router does not have to be connected to the internet for this to work.  On the set up page, I can point the router to my hotspot and enter the hotspot login information.  I can also set up the local wireless network the router creates to rebroadcast the hotspot network.  It is all fairly straight forward once on the router’s set up page.  The set up page IP address was in the instructions that came with the router.  I now have that address saved as a favorite in my browser so I can get to it easily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2021 at 10:10 PM, Chad Heiser said:

Another delay kept me off the internet for a day and a half.  We had a wonderful PSPS event here.  That is a Public Safety Power Shutoff where the power company de-energizes the power lines due to a high wind event to prevent fires.  I love living in California.

Retirement has been nice.  It finally set in a week or so ago when I was finally retired longer than the longest vacation of my career.  It didn’t hurt that my first retirement check also finally showed up.

With my router, I have to connect to the router wirelessly via WiFi.  I then go to a specified IP address that points to the router’s set up page.  The router does not have to be connected to the internet for this to work.  On the set up page, I can point the router to my hotspot and enter the hotspot login information.  I can also set up the local wireless network the router creates to rebroadcast the hotspot network.  It is all fairly straight forward once on the router’s set up page.  The set up page IP address was in the instructions that came with the router.  I now have that address saved as a favorite in my browser so I can get to it easily.

Thanks for the response.   I've been up in the high Sierra's (Eagle Meadows) for  the last 3 days so no internet.  I think this is all over me head.  I picked up my router and pointed it at my hotspot, but nothing happened  LOL. 
My nephew spent 20 yrs in the Military playing with computers so I'm going to take it over and let him play with it.  Wish me luck...........
Again thanks for the info and enjoy the retirement.

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

All the water you need...No matter where you go

Country Thunder Iowa

Nomad Internet

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

RV Air.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

RVTravel.com Logo



×
×
  • Create New...