Hard Wired Internet

On 8/4/2021 at 11:56 AM, Chad Heiser said:

I just connect my router to the Mobley WiFi signal and then connect all my other devices to the router.  My devices connect to the router through either Ethernet cables or through the WiFi network the router rebroadcasts.  With this method, there is one device connected to the Mobley (the router) and then everything else is connected to the router either wirelessly or wired.

Chad, I picked up a Linksys EA6350 wifi router and was wondering if you could guide me on how to connect it to the Mobley wifi.  "my computer skills are very limited".  Thanks

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2001 Volvo 660, Cummins 400 ISX, Eaton 3 Peddle Auto Shift    
2014 Fuzion 40' Toyhauler
2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

On 10/4/2021 at 12:43 PM, dennisvr said:

Chad, I picked up a Linksys EA6350 wifi router and was wondering if you could guide me on how to connect it to the Mobley wifi.  "my computer skills are very limited".  Thanks

Don’t you have to have hard wired to the router? Then your router broadcasts the signal. If it is like my wifi Ranger GO AC, go to the routers control panel and select your Mobley. 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

11 hours ago, rynosback said:

Don’t you have to have hard wired to the router? Then your router broadcasts the signal. If it is like my wifi Ranger GO AC, go to the routers control panel and select your Mobley. 

I was under the impression that it did it wireless, because I don't think you can hardwire anything to the Mobley.  Does anyone know if that is true?  I would sure like to get this working because I've maxed out the 5 devices and would like to add more.
So if there is anyone out there that could instruct be on how to use this "Linksys EA6350 wifi router" with the Mobley I would sure appreciate it.  Thanks

"It is better to have more truck than you need than to need more truck than you have"

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

23 minutes ago, dennisvr said:

I was under the impression that it did it wireless, because I don't think you can hardwire anything to the Mobley.  Does anyone know if that is true?  I would sure like to get this working because I've maxed out the 5 devices and would like to add more.
So if there is anyone out there that could instruct be on how to use this "Linksys EA6350 wifi router" with the Mobley I would sure appreciate it.  Thanks

The Mobley has a USB port on one edge near the ODB2 connector that can be used for tethering. There may be a label covering the port, and it cannot be used to power the Mobley.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

9 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

The Mobley has a USB port on one edge near the ODB2 connector that can be used for tethering. There may be a label covering the port, and it cannot be used to power the Mobley.

Thanks for the reply Dutch.  I do see a small plug on the side under a cover on the Mobley, I assume its a mini USB port.  I see a reg sized USB port on the front of the router, I wonder if I connect the two it would work?  Sorry for the lack of knowledge, but my computer skills are limited...

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

3 hours ago, dennisvr said:

Thanks for the reply Dutch.  I do see a small plug on the side under a cover on the Mobley, I assume its a mini USB port.  I see a reg sized USB port on the front of the router, I wonder if I connect the two it would work?  Sorry for the lack of knowledge, but my computer skills are limited...

Yes, that will work if your router software includes the coding needed to recognize the Mobley. I have not kept up with which routers support the Mobley though, so perhaps someone else can help with that part. I moved my Mobley SIM into an AT&T hotspot a couple of years ago and would have to do some digging in my spares to even find my Mobley.

Dutch

On 10/6/2021 at 7:40 AM, dennisvr said:

I have know idea if what you have will. And yes you can not hardwire a Mobley to a router. If it does you need to go into the routers control panel and connect to your Mobleys signal. My Mobley connects to my wifi Ranger Go AC perfectly. 

Edited by rynosback

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

1 hour ago, rynosback said:

I have know idea if what you have will. And yes you can not hardwire a Mobley to a router. If it does you need to go into the routers control panel and connect to your Mobleys signal. My Mobley connects to my wifi Ranger Go AC perfectly. 

"Before I switched to the unite explore I had the Mobley connected to an ASUS RT-N66U running DD-WRT. I connected the Mobley to the router via USB cable. Then I connected everything to the N66U just like at home. It worked fine. But I had no need for Ethernet connections." (emphasis added)

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f53/mobley-to-a-wired-router-for-house-internet-410160.html#post4394773

Dutch

On 10/4/2021 at 11:43 AM, dennisvr said:

Sorry I didn’t reply sooner.  We were at an RV park with no cell signal and less than reliable WiFi for the last two weeks so I wasn’t on the forum during that time.  Did you get your stuff hooked up?

When I connected my mobley to my linksys router, I used my iPad to connect to the routers start page.  I then pointed the router to the mobley for Internet access and set up the WiFi network for my other devices to connect to.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

12 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Sorry I didn’t reply sooner.  We were at an RV park with no cell signal and less than reliable WiFi for the last two weeks so I wasn’t on the forum during that time.  Did you get your stuff hooked up?

When I connected my mobley to my linksys router, I used my iPad to connect to the routers start page.  I then pointed the router to the mobley for Internet access and set up the WiFi network for my other devices to connect to.

Thanks Chad for the reply.  After I sent the post and didnt get a reply I looked at your profile and noticed your retirement clicker showed you had retired.  So I thought you were out enjoying retirement.  Retirement is great, just got back from 5 wks in Utah myself.
I have not gotten the router hooked up yet.  Problem I have is it says to link up to my router thru the wireless internet connection and then go to my browser to continue, but when I link to the router I lose internet connection and cant  continue.  Its got to be something simple I'm missing, but with my lack of computer knowledge its not easy for me.
Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

2015 Smart Car                                                                                                                                                                          

On 10/11/2021 at 7:18 AM, dennisvr said:

Thanks Chad for the reply.  After I sent the post and didnt get a reply I looked at your profile and noticed your retirement clicker showed you had retired.  So I thought you were out enjoying retirement.  Retirement is great, just got back from 5 wks in Utah myself.
I have not gotten the router hooked up yet.  Problem I have is it says to link up to my router thru the wireless internet connection and then go to my browser to continue, but when I link to the router I lose internet connection and cant  continue.  Its got to be something simple I'm missing, but with my lack of computer knowledge its not easy for me.
Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Another delay kept me off the internet for a day and a half.  We had a wonderful PSPS event here.  That is a Public Safety Power Shutoff where the power company de-energizes the power lines due to a high wind event to prevent fires.  I love living in California.

Retirement has been nice.  It finally set in a week or so ago when I was finally retired longer than the longest vacation of my career.  It didn’t hurt that my first retirement check also finally showed up.

With my router, I have to connect to the router wirelessly via WiFi.  I then go to a specified IP address that points to the router’s set up page.  The router does not have to be connected to the internet for this to work.  On the set up page, I can point the router to my hotspot and enter the hotspot login information.  I can also set up the local wireless network the router creates to rebroadcast the hotspot network.  It is all fairly straight forward once on the router’s set up page.  The set up page IP address was in the instructions that came with the router.  I now have that address saved as a favorite in my browser so I can get to it easily.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

On 10/12/2021 at 10:10 PM, Chad Heiser said:

Another delay kept me off the internet for a day and a half.  We had a wonderful PSPS event here.  That is a Public Safety Power Shutoff where the power company de-energizes the power lines due to a high wind event to prevent fires.  I love living in California.

Retirement has been nice.  It finally set in a week or so ago when I was finally retired longer than the longest vacation of my career.  It didn’t hurt that my first retirement check also finally showed up.

With my router, I have to connect to the router wirelessly via WiFi.  I then go to a specified IP address that points to the router’s set up page.  The router does not have to be connected to the internet for this to work.  On the set up page, I can point the router to my hotspot and enter the hotspot login information.  I can also set up the local wireless network the router creates to rebroadcast the hotspot network.  It is all fairly straight forward once on the router’s set up page.  The set up page IP address was in the instructions that came with the router.  I now have that address saved as a favorite in my browser so I can get to it easily.

Thanks for the response.   I've been up in the high Sierra's (Eagle Meadows) for  the last 3 days so no internet.  I think this is all over me head.  I picked up my router and pointed it at my hotspot, but nothing happened  LOL. 
My nephew spent 20 yrs in the Military playing with computers so I'm going to take it over and let him play with it.  Wish me luck...........
Again thanks for the info and enjoy the retirement.

2015 Smart Car