Closing account

I cannot find any way to close my account here. I'm trying to clean up my on-line profile.

I enjoyed my time here on Escapees, got excellent advice, and made a friend I still have. Instead of going on the road, my situation chaged and I bought a cheap house for myself and my animals.

Please let me know how to close my account, and my best wishes for everyone in this fine group of people!

If you go to your name or ID in the upper right hand corner of the forum webpage and click on the drop down arrow,  then select "account settings", then select "notification settings" and then uncheck all the boxes, that should stop all notifications which could go to your email. 

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

11 hours ago, chirakawa said:

I think you just quit posting, and your account rides off into the sunset.

I agree, don’t sign back in and post and you should be good to go.  

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

On 5/17/2018 at 1:12 PM, Pat & Pete said:

Your on line profile is forever recorded on a server , somewhere . There's no cleaning it up . 

I believe that the admin can hard delete it.  But that is not to say that it has not been mirrored on several servers. Like you said, once you put it on the web, it is always out there.

On 5/19/2018 at 6:23 AM, trailertraveler said:

I also believe this is true as I can think of a few banned members whose profiles are at least no longer visible.

But if you hard delete them, all of there posts and threads go.  And that can screw some things up.  Plus I think when singing up you give the ownership of your posts to the forum owners.

On 5/19/2018 at 6:23 AM, trailertraveler said:

I also believe this is true

At the request of the person who posted, IT has removed him from our membership. You can see the evidence of that if you choose to look at the first post in this thread. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived