And so it ENDS, the Smart Car, deck on the Pete, is finished.

mr. cob

mr.cob    That truck/Motorhome sure looks mighty nice. Wish we were on our way to your rally but we are stuck here in Va. waiting on our 5er to be fixed. We did get to enjoy the ECR and meeting old friends and making new ones is what it's all about. So enjoy and may you have safe travels.   Pat 

The Old Sailor

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JPL said:

mr.cob    That truck/Motorhome sure looks mighty nice. Wish we were on our way to your rally but we are stuck here in Va. waiting on our 5er to be fixed. We did get to enjoy the ECR and meeting old friends and making new ones is what it's all about. So enjoy and may you have safe travels.   Pat 

The Old Sailor

Howdy Pat,

One of these days I'd like to make the ECR but there are so many people back that way but it would be fun to do at least once.  Are you going to be at the National this year?

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Tom,

Will you folks be at the National Rally this year; I plan to make it again.

Dave

Not in the plans now, but things might change, we just got home after 19 months,  summertime, fishing etc,

Tom

2011 vnl730 D13 435/1650 I-shift singled mid 2015 Keystone Raptor 425ts 2015 Smart

That thing is awesome! One thing for sure you are going to miss the tight turning radius of the freight shaker. That is the price you have to pay to ride in style. You are putting ideas in my head where they don't belong.  Unfortunately my  Pete has to work a while longer before it can "retire"

EMv33M0l.jpg

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

3 hours ago, jenandjon said:

That thing is awesome! One thing for sure you are going to miss the tight turning radius of the freight shaker. That is the price you have to pay to ride in style. You are putting ideas in my head where they don't belong.  Unfortunately my  Pete has to work a while longer before it can "retire"

EMv33M0l.jpg

Howdy Jon,

I sure do like your large fuel tanks, my Pete's fuel tanks  are only 120 gallons, the Freightliner had a pair of 140's.  Are you running a muffler under the truck, those big stacks must sound pretty especially when using the Jake, oh and you have chicken lights behind your front wheel's, cool.  Retire as soon as you can, its way better to have a bit less money and MORE TIME to spend it.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

10 hours ago, jenandjon said:

EMv33M0l.jpg

My 84 Pete 359 that retired with close to a million mi. The 3406b and 13 sp. all original. Interiors like it came from factory and I do my own work and paint. Only see's around 2k mi. now.PV2FQWzl.jpg

1 hour ago, beemergary said:

My 84 Pete 359 that retired with close to a million mi. The 3406b and 13 sp. all original. Interiors like it came from factory and I do my own work and paint. Only see's around 2k mi. now.PV2FQWzl.jpg

Howdy beemergary,

That is a pretty truck.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

49 minutes ago, hutchman said:

Dave, the truck looks great!  Glad you finished it in timefor the rally!  Hope to catch up with you  one of these days!

Howdy Hutch,

Well I just finished loading the toys in the garage, and now for some reason the tail lights don't work on the trailer, they worked yesterday, the brake lights work, the turn signals work, but no tail lights, it never ends and I am a complete electrical idiot.  One of these days our trails will cross again, at least I am counting on that happening.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

2 minutes ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Dave, if all comes to it, you can drive during the day and get to the WCR and you will have all the help you need to get er done and some knolledge on what to look for in the future.

Roger

Howdy Roger,

If I can't get this working that is what I plan to do, I have been working so hard to get this ready and now right before we leave this happens.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Mine is an 07  with 1.4 million on it. Just got a factory reman C-15 cat 6nz. 550 horses,18 speed, 7 inch straight pipes. It will wake up the neighbors.

13 hours ago, beemergary said:

I drove an 85 for a couple years in the early 90s. My first real long haul job. Old Werner truck. I never had to check the oil. I just dumped in a gallon every other time I got fuel. I don't know if it burned more or leaked more. It was pile of crap but man do I miss it! 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

• 1 month later...

Dave;

Did you sell the Freightliner?

I think I have a "local" buyer for you.

Curt 

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

2 hours ago, CDR said:

Dave;

Did you sell the Freightliner?

I think I have a "local" buyer for you.

Curt 

Howdy Curt,

No money has changed hands yet as I am on the road and won't be home until the first week of August, but I have what I think is a firm commitment to buy the truck if it meets the perspective buyers approval when they come to look at it when I get home.  However until its sold its still for sale so if you know someone who may be interested please let me know.  Thank you.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

On 7/18/2018 at 1:16 PM, mr. cob said:

Howdy Curt,

No money has changed hands yet as I am on the road and won't be home until the first week of August, but I have what I think is a firm commitment to buy the truck if it meets the perspective buyers approval when they come to look at it when I get home.  However until its sold its still for sale so if you know someone who may be interested please let me know.  Thank you.

Dave

Dave;

I will talk with them and get back to you.

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

2 hours ago, CDR said:

Dave;

I will talk with them and get back to you.

Curt

Howdy Curt,

Thanks.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Archived