Can I Use Rainex on glass shower doors to prevent soap scum?

SKP62107

That sounds like one heck of an idea. I can't say for certain, but I would have a hard time seeing Rain X being any more harmful than the chemicals in most off the shelf shower cleaners. 

It will be interesting to hear if anyone has done this and seen adverse affects, better conditions or little difference.

We use Tilex Clean Shower after each each shower and it works just fine. Just a quick spray and everything dries spotless. A couple of bucks at Wally World. 

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2011 Ford F350 CC SRW

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."       Will Rogers        

Just make sure that it won’t make the floor slippery or you may fall on your a** while taking a shower, lol lol lol. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

Yes, you can use RainX.  I do!  Another trick is to use a car wax.  Wax the glass doors and shower walls to help the soap and water runoff.  I do a quick rinse of the walls and door before I get out.  

As stated above, be careful on the floor or a shower seat.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Another vote for Tilex Clean Shower. My wife swears by it.  It's made specifically to keep soap scum off the shower, and you don't have to run a windshield wiper over it after spraying it on.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

Tilex works great for cleaning the crud off, but in my experience it does not bead the water off like the Rain-X does. I coat our shower glass with Rain-X every couple of months. Quick squeegee to get the errant water drops after a shower and it is done. 

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

16 hours ago, Chalkie said:

Tilex works great for cleaning the crud off, but in my experience it does not bead the water off like the Rain-X does. I coat our shower glass with Rain-X every couple of months. Quick squeegee to get the errant water drops after a shower and it is done. 

Yes, Tilex daily clean shower does not bead up, it is a solvent and just runs off leaving no residue.  No squeegee  or wipe down required.

2019 Airstream Flying Cloud 27FB
2011 Ford F350 CC SRW

"Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for."       Will Rogers        

We keep a squeegee in the shower and squeegee the thing down after a shower.  We also use a water softener.  With this we have to really clean the shower about every 2 to 4 weeks.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Archived