Using daysend

burgiebill

I have iPhone- iPad trying to use daysend. I’ve downloaded the PDF file to my desk top and having a hard time with is program. When in maps, put all the info in but it won’t load. When I go to the page “How to Access the Day's End Directory” the addresses in blue won’t work? What am i doing wrong?

I'm so old I fart dust!

You are talking 2 different things. A downloaded pdf is a list of all the locations in the entire file. You go to the state and city you want within the file and make a selection.

The map requires internet access. I use a PC and never have had a problem. I just tried it on my tablet and the interactive works fine.

I am confused as to what you are using to access Days End. You say you have an Iphone/Ipad and have also downloaded the pdf to your desktop. Which one is giving you problems.

The PDF file you downloaded contains only the listings...you can't access the map from it. 

In order to access the map, you need to go to the Days End Directory website, SIGN IN, and then click on Route Planning Map.  Once at the map, fill in the Start Location and the End Location.  Once that's done, the map will automatically calculate a route showing the Day's End Directory listings along that route.  Click on one of the green pins and the listing from the Directory for that location should pop up.

I just tried the above on my android phone and it worked just as it should, albeit the map was smaller than on my computer and, thus, would probably be harder to work with. 

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

5 hours ago, SWharton said:

You are talking 2 different things. A downloaded pdf is a list of all the locations in the entire file. You go to the state and city you want within the file and make a selection.

The map requires internet access. I use a PC and never have had a problem. I just tried it on my tablet and the interactive works fine.

I am confused as to what you are using to access Days End. You say you have an Iphone/Ipad and have also downloaded the pdf to your desktop. Which one is giving you problems.

iPad, when I asked for the free trial offer I received instruction from Guy. Lead me to this, 

“How to Access the Day's End Directory” 

trouble is none of the links worked on my iPad. Back to Guy, he recommend 

“Meanwhile, just type, or copy and paste, the link daysenddirectory.com into the field and you should get to our site.”

this link loaded the “map page” along with other things, download PDF files. Q andA, I downloaded the pdf. I have The latest Adobe reader. 

the mapping would not work, at the bottom of map look up is POI, none of the poi I have type in are there?

“At one time everything worked great on my iPad?

Now with all that said, it works on my iPhone?

OK, UPDATE! I’ve been trying several different things. On an iPad, mines on the bottom is, is the home bar with different things on it. When I have the “Daysend” on the home bar it works, when it’s on my desk top it does not? I have no idea???

I'm so old I fart dust!

19 hours ago, rm.w/aview said:

It's just as Linda said above. Curious, I clicked the Route Planning Map both signed in and not with the same results while on the MacBook, each route was planned & chock full of green pins.

But, if you're not logged in, what happens when you click on one of those green pins?  On my PC, I get the message that I must be logged in to view the directory listing.  Can you see the directory listing when you click on one of the green pins on your MacBook without being logged in?

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

18 hours ago, SWharton said:

You pay the $15/year(?) to have access to  the directory. This is not a free service. if you were able to download the pdf you must have paid the money I would think. Logon.

True.

Although you can eliminate the $15 by providing "X" number of reports during the year.  I don't recall the exact number, but it's probably at the Day's End website.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

Archived