Valero has RV Islands?

We were going from City of Rocks, NM to Deming and stopped  at the Valero on  N. Gold to fill up since we saw that there was an RV Island.

If Valero is starting to build stations with RV Islands? That would be a great alternative to Pilot/Flying J.

I went to their website and this station doesn't show up at all and there is no way to determine what other stations have RV Islands.

4 hours ago, SWharton said:

We were going from City of Rocks, NM to Deming and stopped  at the Valero on  N. Gold to fill up since we saw that there was an RV Island.

If Valero is starting to build stations with RV Islands? That would be a great alternative to Pilot/Flying J.

I went to their website and this station doesn't show up at all and there is no way to determine what other stations have RV Islands.

That exact station is where we filled last . 

I thought it was nice that they had an RV island , but , I had other words for the ( I can't type those words on this forum ) that parked their pickup truck at that island while they went inside to do some shopping and whatever else . Then they came back out and put fuel in their tank and lollied around like they were at the beach for the month . 

The other side of the island had an RV filling up . At least that's what it looked like . That guy was in snail mode . 

Good thing we weren't on the clock . 

Goes around , comes around .

Valero became my go to fuel when Flying J started adding too much bio to their deisel. But I was driving a conversion van and the diesel pumps were usually the end pumps so I didn't need special access. It's good to hear they are adding RV islands. Now, if we could just teach people how to use them.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

The station in Deming it seems that everyone must go inside to prepay. Must of had problems.

One of my soap box stands are the people who park at the pump, go inside, do their weekly shopping and then finally come out and pump the gas. We moved from NJ to TX in the early 90s and the first time I encountered this in TX I went on my soap box.

6 hours ago, SWharton said:

The station in Deming it seems that everyone must go inside to prepay. Must of had problems.

One of my soap box stands are the people who park at the pump, go inside, do their weekly shopping and then finally come out and pump the gas. We moved from NJ to TX in the early 90s and the first time I encountered this in TX I went on my soap box.

If you want a fan club for your soap box, I'm in! One time DW said she wished we were driving my old farm truck that has a 3"x8" channel iron for a front bumper.:angry:

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived