Facebook man pulled and fined for length

GlennWest

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/2/2018 at 10:43 PM, RickS said:

Yup.....safety equipment like mirrors and bumpers don't get measured in length and width as far as I know.

I was told once upon a time when being carried the smart car is cargo so the bumpers do not count as safety equipment. That's the way I remember it.

Brad

Brad,
That's what was meant when I mentioned I was over width with the Smart on the deck. The bumpers as safety equipment on the Smart i think was a joke by Parrformance.  :) The bumpers and mirrors on the truck and trailer (safety equipment) don't add to width and length measurements. 

:)

9 hours ago, Big5er said:

The mirrors do NOT get counted in the width measurement but the bumpers DO get measured in the length measurement.

If you have a grill guard is that where you start? Also does the measurement stop at the body or say at the ladder in the rear? Just trying to make sure so when I measure mine I get it right. Thanks Phil

19 hours ago, RickS said:

Brad,
That's what was meant when I mentioned I was over width with the Smart on the deck. The bumpers as safety equipment on the Smart i think was a joke by Parrformance.  :) The bumpers and mirrors on the truck and trailer (safety equipment) don't add to width and length measurements. 

:)

Most definitely a joke, I thought it was terribly funny on my end.

😊

So.......why do you think most statezzz limit RV combos to a measly ......SIXTYFIVE FEET (SEVENHUNDREDEIGHTYINCHES>>>>>>>>)

Is it because.......RV units are more........agile than .......

Is it because.....RV drivers have VAST experience with .......Looooong rigs.....

Is it because........ RV's hardly ever drive off the interstate freeways .........

Is it because .......RV operators ALWAYS check for length restricted roads BEFORE driving the RV down the road(s) ........

Is it because .......even a new RV operator could drive rings around a seasoned pro-truck driver......

Is it because.......almost RV parks just LOVE XTRA-LONG RV Rigs........

Is it because...... cops almost never have to deal with Looooong-rigs wrecks......

Feel like tweeting the pres and having him Exec-Order upping the RV length to about .......ONEHONDREDTWENTYFEET (ONETHOUSANDFOURHUNDREDFORTYINCHES>>>>>>>>>>>)

Drive on..........(If you are long and turn sharp.......the tail lights you see might be your own trailer(s))

7 hours ago, dblr said:

If you have a grill guard is that where you start? Also does the measurement stop at the body or say at the ladder in the rear? Just trying to make sure so when I measure mine I get it right. Thanks Phil

dblr, we measure the "overall" length of the vehicle, front to rear. If the vehicle has a fixed "attachment" (grill guard or ladder) it gets measured. 

17 hours ago, Big5er said:

The mirrors do NOT get counted in the width measurement but the bumpers DO get measured in the length measurement.

Hey Phil,
That's why I said I think because in Canada I "think" bumpers (moose bars) don't count in length measurements (safety equipment). As usual check with the state or province you are in. I also saw in one of RV haulers builds that he mentions the bumpers don't count in length measurements. I'll try and look it up on the government site here.